Acquia

www.acquia.com

Disfunctional leadership but great people

Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsAcquia has some of the best people I've ever worked with: smart, passionate, and collaborative. Impressive customer base with hundreds of recognizable brand names. Dries is a terrific open source leader and maintains a high profile in the Drupal community. There's nothing like Drupalists -- great people overall.

ConsSevere lack of focus makes exit via acquisition unlikely and poses challenges as the business scales. Significant revenue derived from low margin Professional Services.
Dictatorial senior leadership whose decisions can be erratic and based on personal friendships rather than solid research. Leadership's micromanagement and belittling of employee's ideas leads to conflict avoidance in much of the organization.
Very little tech representation on leadership team.
Drupal is showing its age and facing challenges bringing in new contributors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on fewer products. You have great employees. Trust their judgement and ideas.

Acquia Response

Aug 9, 2013CEO

It's been more than a year since this was posted, so perhaps the content is now outdated. The issue that strikes me here is poor communication from our leadership, which I will take responsibility ... More

Acquia

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia

Pros: Fast growing, fast paced, road to success. Cons: Lack of work/life balance, lack of transparency on some decisions. More

Fantastic learning experience

Customer Support Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Acquia

Pros: Great work atmosphere; opporunities to learn new technologies; lots of fun events; dynamic leadership;… Cons: Company sponsors H1B visas in very rare cases; Acquia has some of the best Drupalists as a result, you… Advice to Senior Management: Acquia is an awesome place to work and learn all in all;… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Acquia.

Worked for Acquia? Contribute to the Community!