There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

Disfunctional leadership but great people

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acquia has some of the best people I've ever worked with: smart, passionate, and collaborative. Impressive customer base with hundreds of recognizable brand names. Dries is a terrific open source leader and maintains a high profile in the Drupal community. There's nothing like Drupalists -- great people overall.

Cons

Severe lack of focus makes exit via acquisition unlikely and poses challenges as the business scales. Significant revenue derived from low margin Professional Services.
Dictatorial senior leadership whose decisions can be erratic and based on personal friendships rather than solid research. Leadership's micromanagement and belittling of employee's ideas leads to conflict avoidance in much of the organization.
Very little tech representation on leadership team.
Drupal is showing its age and facing challenges bringing in new contributors.

Advice to Management

Focus on fewer products. You have great employees. Trust their judgement and ideas.

Acquia Response

Aug 9, 2013CEO

It's been more than a year since this was posted, so perhaps the content is now outdated. The issue that strikes me here is poor communication from our leadership, which I will take responsibility ... More

reviews filtered by

Acquia

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia

Pros

Fast growing, fast paced, road to success.

Cons

Lack of work/life balance, lack of transparency on some decisions.

Fantastic learning experience

Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Acquia

Pros

Great work atmosphere; opporunities to learn new technologies; lots of fun events; dynamic leadership; great growth potential for the company; flexible work timings and unlimited snacks and drink!

Cons

Company sponsors H1B visas in very rare cases; Acquia has some of the best Drupalists as a result, you feel overshadowed sometimes as a fresher; doesnot care much about temporary employees; Sometimes appreciation for good work is non-existant!

Advice to Management

Acquia is an awesome place to work and learn all in all; and, as a result, I would still give the company a 5* rating!