Acquia

www.acquia.com
  www.acquia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

Best company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

Dynamic. Awesome product. Awesome, passionate people. World changing open-source philosophy guides all development.

Cons

Too much of the team is distributed

Maintain commitment to product excellence and don't allow sales to dictate direction.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Acquia (View Most Recent)

En une phrase, je dirais que c'est l'une des meilleurs et des pires entreprises pour lesquelles j'ai travaillé. In one sentence I would say this was one of the best and worst companies I worked for.

Former Employee - Responsable comptes techniques
    Former Employee - Responsable comptes techniques

I worked at Acquia full-time (more than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

- Collègues formidables.

- De belles opportunités d'apprentissage, bien que tout apprentissage se fait par l'erreur et que quand quelque chose casse, vous devez le réparer.

- Beaucoup de projets de haut rang.

- Great Colleagues.
    - Great learning opportunity, although all learning is done hands on when something crashes and you need to fix it.
    - Lots of high profile projects.

Cons

- Trop de petit management et de contrôle. Vous sentez Big Brother vous regarder constamment.

- Trop d'exposition à des discussions de management qui nous dépassent. En tant que responsable de compte, mon objectif est d'être utile à mes clients, pas d'être 70 %, 80 % ou 90 % facturable.

- Très peu de temps consacré à la formation et pratiquement pas de budget de formation.

- Équilibre de vie parfois brouillé.

- Le manque de soins envers les employés. Comme c'est un poste technique, vous valez au moins autant que vos heures facturables.

- Too much micro management and scrutiny. The feeling big brother is watching every move.
    - Too much exposure to higher management discussions. As a technical account manager, my goal is to be great and useful to my clients, not be 70%, 80% or 90% billable.
    - Very little time allocated to training and practically no training budget.
    - Rough work/life balance sometimes.
    - Lack of care towards employees. Even though it's a technical position, you're only as good as your billable hours.

Commencer à se soucier davantage de vos employés et moins de vos numéros. Après tout, les gens font les chiffres.

Start caring more about your employees and less about your numbers. After all, the people make the numbers.

Acquia Response

Jul 12, 2014CEO

Certainly very disappointing to see your thoughts here, though I appreciate them. Clearly our employee recognition and compensation / benefits / equity efforts are not having the desired effect ... More

What Tom Erickson is doing on Glassdoor is OUTSTANDING!

I have been working at Acquia

Pros

I'm not going to comment on the company. Rather, I'm going to point out that the fact that Tom Erickson, the CEO, takes the time to craft a personal and specific response to every Glassdoor review, positive or negative, is highly unique and truly outstanding. Most companies don't even respond to reviews, and when they do, it's a BS boilerplate response crafted by the HR team. Tom should be applauded for recognizing the power of social in the workplace and the impact reputation has on a company's ability to both recruit and ultimately, succeed in the market. KUDOS Tom!!!

Cons

I see no cons worth mentioning in the context of this review and the point I'm communicating.

See above. Keep doing it, Tom!

Acquia Response

Dec 8, 2014CEO

Wow. Did not expect this. I am glad you appreciate my responses. I learn a lot from each of the posts, positive or negative, and try to ensure we reinforce the positives and correct the ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Acquia