Acquia

www.acquia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

tsunami effect

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Very open, collaborative, free food and drinks all the time! Fun culture, monthly activities and team building. Friendly co workers.

Cons

Really a sink or swim experience. Somewhat overwhelming when you start and there is really no one to help you after onboarding. You kind of have to find your own way. There seems to be a lot of ego rolling around the office as well which doesn't help the communication among some of the staff.

Acquia Response

Aug 9, 2013CEO

Very pleased you love our culture and values. It's the center of creating a great company in my opinion, and we work hard to sustain them. Certainly helps, because as you rightfully point out ... More

40 Other Employee Reviews for Acquia (View Most Recent)

No training structure for employees

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acquia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong leadership, great products, free beer and snacks!

Cons

No sales training for new employees, not willing to invest in employees long term. Very "sink or swim" right from day 1.

Disfunctional leadership but great people

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Acquia has some of the best people I've ever worked with: smart, passionate, and collaborative. Impressive customer base with hundreds of recognizable brand names. Dries is a terrific open source leader and maintains a high profile in the Drupal community. There's nothing like Drupalists -- great people overall.

Cons

Severe lack of focus makes exit via acquisition unlikely and poses challenges as the business scales. Significant revenue derived from low margin Professional Services.
    Dictatorial senior leadership whose decisions can be erratic and based on personal friendships rather than solid research. Leadership's micromanagement and belittling of employee's ideas leads to conflict avoidance in much of the organization.
    Very little tech representation on leadership team.
    Drupal is showing its age and facing challenges bringing in new contributors.

Focus on fewer products. You have great employees. Trust their judgement and ideas.

Acquia Response

Aug 9, 2013CEO

It's been more than a year since this was posted, so perhaps the content is now outdated. The issue that strikes me here is poor communication from our leadership, which I will take responsibility ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Acquia