Acquia
www.acquia.com Burlington, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Good for your career, bad for your family

Engineer (Former Employee)
Burlington, MA

ProsLot's to learn, lot's to do. Snack and drinks are a very nice thing to have. They try really hard to have a positive culture. Will look fantastic on your resume.

ConsNo project ownership. Many tasks are refactoring code, fixing bugs, or worse, adding features without any chance to fix the underlying code. Way to much process, easy to get held up for a week. Management gives no feedback until it's to late. Reviews are mandatory but don't matter when it comes to pay considerations. Some team members work constantly, at all hours and every day. This makes a 50-60 hour week light in comparison, and management encourages you to complete more projects to 'get on par'.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some process, be prompt with feedback and expectations, encourage project ownership and discourage project pirates.

Flag Review
Acquia CEO responded to this review Aug 9, 2013 EditDelete
On behalf of Chris Brookins ......

We're sorry you had a negative experience, but glad you agree as many do that Acquia is a great place to build your career.

re: your points, I'd like to
... More

Fantastic company to work for

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

Pros: The culture and people that encompasses Acquia are unparalleled. Every… Cons: Feedback and performance reviews are not systematic or regular. You… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Conducting user experience research

I have been working at Acquia

Pros: Smart and talented people, passion, work on interesting problems Cons: Start up, compensation, located in the burbs More
There are newer reviews on Acquia.

Worked for Acquia? Contribute to the Community!

Acquia – Why Work for Us?

Acquia is where great digital experiences begin. Our digital innovation platform empowers market-leading enterprise organizations to move at the speed of the web, providing agility, integration and resiliency… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acquia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson. All reviews posted anonymously by Acquia employees.