There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Focus on communication, no person left out, diversity, awesome learning opportunities

Cons

Fast pace, always changing, senior management separation, lack of follow through

Focus on accountability, use more personality training across the board, implement peer review based incentives that are not a popularity contest

Aug 9, 2013CEO

On behalf of Michael Krause ..

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you feel Acquia is a great place to work. Part of what makes it a great place for learning is the pace, which as you point out
... More

33 Other Employee Reviews for Acquia (View Most Recent)

Good for your career, bad for your family

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acquia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot's to learn, lot's to do. Snack and drinks are a very nice thing to have. They try really hard to have a positive culture. Will look fantastic on your resume.

Cons

No project ownership. Many tasks are refactoring code, fixing bugs, or worse, adding features without any chance to fix the underlying code. Way to much process, easy to get held up for a week. Management gives no feedback until it's to late. Reviews are mandatory but don't matter when it comes to pay considerations. Some team members work constantly, at all hours and every day. This makes a 50-60 hour week light in comparison, and management encourages you to complete more projects to 'get on par'.

Cut some process, be prompt with feedback and expectations, encourage project ownership and discourage project pirates.

Aug 9, 2013CEO

On behalf of Chris Brookins ......

We're sorry you had a negative experience, but glad you agree as many do that Acquia is a great place to build your career.

re: your points, I'd like to
    ... More

Fantastic company to work for

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and people that encompasses Acquia are unparalleled. Every day is enjoyable and people truly do look forward to collaborating.

Cons

Feedback and performance reviews are not systematic or regular. You have to seek it out yourself and expectations are often unclear.

Aug 9, 2013CEO

Thanks for your review. As the CEO, all comments are sought as we endeavor to create a great company with a long term future. We're very happy that you are having such a great experience.

It's

There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

Worked for Acquia? Contribute to the Community!