Acquia

www.acquia.com
  www.acquia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

4 years and going strong

I have been working at Acquia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 4 years now. As a Sr. manager within the organization, I tell people all the time - this is absolutely the best group of people I have ever worked with. People are honest, ethical, work their tails off and collaborate very well. I truly enjoy my co-workers, the space, and the culture at Acquia.

Cons

Sometimes tough to turn off, but it is part of being a part of a fast growing, exciting company. It "comes with the territory."

Continue to focus on hiring based upon cultural fit - single biggest contributor to the great company we have built.

Sep 17, 2013CEO

Thanks for the post. Building a market changing offering takes extreme amounts of effort and Acquia appreciates the work that you and the others have done. As one of the longest serving Acquians ... More

37 Other Employee Reviews for Acquia (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Focus on communication, no person left out, diversity, awesome learning opportunities

Cons

Fast pace, always changing, senior management separation, lack of follow through

Focus on accountability, use more personality training across the board, implement peer review based incentives that are not a popularity contest

Aug 9, 2013CEO

On behalf of Michael Krause ..

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you feel Acquia is a great place to work. Part of what makes it a great place for learning is the pace, which as you point out
    ... More

Good for your career, bad for your family

Former Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acquia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot's to learn, lot's to do. Snack and drinks are a very nice thing to have. They try really hard to have a positive culture. Will look fantastic on your resume.

Cons

No project ownership. Many tasks are refactoring code, fixing bugs, or worse, adding features without any chance to fix the underlying code. Way to much process, easy to get held up for a week. Management gives no feedback until it's to late. Reviews are mandatory but don't matter when it comes to pay considerations. Some team members work constantly, at all hours and every day. This makes a 50-60 hour week light in comparison, and management encourages you to complete more projects to 'get on par'.

Cut some process, be prompt with feedback and expectations, encourage project ownership and discourage project pirates.

Aug 9, 2013CEO

On behalf of Chris Brookins ......

We're sorry you had a negative experience, but glad you agree as many do that Acquia is a great place to build your career.

re: your points, I'd like to
    ... More