There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

Best place I have ever worked, by FAR!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acquia

Pros

When I first came to Acquia from an inside sales job at another high tech startup, I didn't know much about Open Source, nor Drupal. I now feel like I'm on the fastest pace rocket ship that I've ever been on! Drupal is used on over 1,000,000 public facing websites, and Acquia is perfectly positioned to be one of *the* next generation Web companies in the World, to take advantage of this trend. Our sales team has over achieved its goals every quarter that I've been here, - by 2X some quarters. In fact, the Management team set a bar for the Company to achieve a "super stretch" goal - and offered a trip for the entire company - and we just hit that goal! The people are great - a consummate team atmosphere, the management team is extremely supportive & helpful, and the culture is very dynamic & open. I feel blessed to be here.

Cons

One of the only downsides is that it's so much fun to work here, it is hard to disconnect at night and on the weekends! But I guess if you love what you do, it's hardly a downside.... I guess the only other thing is the Woburn location. Would be nice to be a little closer to the City.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You have made Acquia a highly desired place to work.

reviews filtered by

Incredible opportunity - seize the moment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Acquia is an incredible place to work and an amazing opportunity for employees. It has very mature sales operations and marketing processes as well as a great professional services and support team. Prospects are plentiful and the demand for the products and services is very high. Customer satisfaction appears high.

Employees are passionate, intelligent and a pleasure to spend time with and they have a great can-do attitude across the globe. The leadership team is very experienced and approachable and the open door policy is refreshing. They are willing to listen to ideas and suggestions and you feel empowered to make decisions and own things.

With the momentum of open source and Drupal and the rise of the importance of digital within Enterprise organisations, Acquia is definitely on track to grow and grow and if you seize the moment and are along for the ride, you'll be handsomely rewarded!

Cons

As with any growing company, there are some issues and problems that crop up but they are becoming less and less and the ones that do are more day to day operational ones that any business experiences.
    The pace is hectic and you can feel pushed and pulled in all directions. You need to be organised to cope with the demands but that's how any work hard, play hard company operates.

Acquia Response

Aug 5, 2014CEO

Thank you for your post. I'm very pleased that you like the opportunity at Acquia. We're constantly trying to figure out how to hire faster and better to alleviate the stresses of hyper growth ... More

2. Opportunities like this are rare....

Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been here since the start of 2014 - with 25 years of experience in the IT industry I have seen both good and bad across large and small and I have to say that organisations like this are rare. It has a compelling combination of capable people, high ambition, significant opportunity and great leadership. Acquia's value proposition is unique in the industry and it is fuelled by a group of people who want to make a difference. It is said that you only do something in life for one of three reasons 1/ To make money 2/ To have fun and 3/ To learn new things - here you have the chance to do all three. For those who are just starting out in your careers enjoy it and make the most of the experiences it will give you - this is the benchmark by which you should measure future roles - I suspect many will be found wanting.

Cons

It is a performance culture. It will challenge you, require hard work and will need your commitment. If you are averse to any of those then this is not for you. To be clear - all progress takes place outside the comfort zone but that is where the adventure begins! Yes Acquia is still finding its way and some things don't work but we are a young company and in exciting times. Acquia does not get everything right but it recognises that and everyone is empowered and challenged to make it better. Those who know LEAN principles or KANBAN will understand the power of this in building successful organisations. It values its people, their skills and talents but it does not accept passengers - everyone has their hands on the wheel here.

1/ We seem very process heavy and they are not always well documented or clear. 2/ More coaching and support around the onboarding side of things would help - there is a lot to take on and it changes quickly. 3/ Introduce "beer Friday" or even better "beer and pizza Friday"! Finally, 4/ would be good to see us do something for the "community" side of things here in EMEA - would help with the team building etc.

Acquia Response

Aug 5, 2014CEO

Glad you are finding your time at Acquia enjoyable and rewarding. Based on other comments our EMEA experience has been hit or miss. Hopefully we are achieving more consistent positive sentiment ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Acquia