Acquia

Fantastic learning experience

Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Acquia

Pros

Great work atmosphere; opporunities to learn new technologies; lots of fun events; dynamic leadership; great growth potential for the company; flexible work timings and unlimited snacks and drink!

Cons

Company sponsors H1B visas in very rare cases; Acquia has some of the best Drupalists as a result, you feel overshadowed sometimes as a fresher; doesnot care much about temporary employees; Sometimes appreciation for good work is non-existant!

Acquia is an awesome place to work and learn all in all; and, as a result, I would still give the company a 5* rating!

37 Other Employee Reviews for Acquia (View Most Recent)

Best place I have ever worked, by FAR!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acquia

Pros

When I first came to Acquia from an inside sales job at another high tech startup, I didn't know much about Open Source, nor Drupal. I now feel like I'm on the fastest pace rocket ship that I've ever been on! Drupal is used on over 1,000,000 public facing websites, and Acquia is perfectly positioned to be one of *the* next generation Web companies in the World, to take advantage of this trend. Our sales team has over achieved its goals every quarter that I've been here, - by 2X some quarters. In fact, the Management team set a bar for the Company to achieve a "super stretch" goal - and offered a trip for the entire company - and we just hit that goal! The people are great - a consummate team atmosphere, the management team is extremely supportive & helpful, and the culture is very dynamic & open. I feel blessed to be here.

Cons

One of the only downsides is that it's so much fun to work here, it is hard to disconnect at night and on the weekends! But I guess if you love what you do, it's hardly a downside.... I guess the only other thing is the Woburn location. Would be nice to be a little closer to the City.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You have made Acquia a highly desired place to work.

Incredible opportunity - seize the moment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Acquia is an incredible place to work and an amazing opportunity for employees. It has very mature sales operations and marketing processes as well as a great professional services and support team. Prospects are plentiful and the demand for the products and services is very high. Customer satisfaction appears high.

Employees are passionate, intelligent and a pleasure to spend time with and they have a great can-do attitude across the globe. The leadership team is very experienced and approachable and the open door policy is refreshing. They are willing to listen to ideas and suggestions and you feel empowered to make decisions and own things.

With the momentum of open source and Drupal and the rise of the importance of digital within Enterprise organisations, Acquia is definitely on track to grow and grow and if you seize the moment and are along for the ride, you'll be handsomely rewarded!

Cons

As with any growing company, there are some issues and problems that crop up but they are becoming less and less and the ones that do are more day to day operational ones that any business experiences.
    The pace is hectic and you can feel pushed and pulled in all directions. You need to be organised to cope with the demands but that's how any work hard, play hard company operates.

Acquia Response

Aug 5, 2014CEO

Thank you for your post. I'm very pleased that you like the opportunity at Acquia. We're constantly trying to figure out how to hire faster and better to alleviate the stresses of hyper growth ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Acquia