Acquity Group

Great Entry Level Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group

Pros

Working with brands you interact with everyday on their innovative digital solutions

Cons

Not knowing some of the newest and most innovative engagements due to lack of communication

Cross training for entry level associates

90 Other Employee Reviews for Acquity Group (View Most Recent)

Outstanding experience with challenging projects and engaging clients

Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Front End Web Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group

Pros

career opportunities, interesting projects, great co-workers, diverse clients. I find the atmosphere and culture at Acquity Group to energize me on a daily basis.

Cons

I find that sometimes the pace is a bit hectic because we can't seem to find enough people to hire. I know the recruiters are working hard at this.

Winning combination of Technology and Design, Poor combination of senior leaders

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acquity Group

Pros

Projects get better all the time. The real thing that kept me there despite the negatives were the incredible people and friendships that I made. You will get to work with some really, really smart people. The design group is also incredible. They built out an agency side a few years ago and they do some great creative work.

The people that run their practices are really down to earth and approachable. Tons of people here that you can learn a lot from. They all come from delivery backgrounds, treat people right and know how to get things done because they've been around the block many times. Some are over the top arrogant but I didn't mind that. Lots of Type A personalities. If you like really aggressive cultures, you'll fit in.

Cons

Promotions were a real mystery to me. On the delivery side, people would bust their humps day in and day out running projects and would get passed over for Manager. Then on the sales side, you can royally screw up an account and still get a huge promotion. One was not well liked because he will happily sell you out on a long term staff augmentation role or stick you on a far away project working with dated projects for a no-name company. He mismanaged a project so bad it bled a million dollars, and he still gets promoted to vice president. Amazing. If you go here to work in sales you should have no trouble moving into executive management.

Company has been talking about going public for at least a year. The CEO told us there would be no stock options because they don't have time to figure it out. Funny how plenty of other companies figure out how to take care of their employees just fine. I'm sure the executives all have a cushy plan. Par for the course since the CEO calls people "bodies" and "resources" in big meetings. I think there's contempt for the employees by the people in the ivory tower

Knowledge sharing is tribal. The portal they used is way too old to be useful. Unfortunately this company does not make real investments in the tools and training that the consultants badly need.

Pay attention to the message you are sending to your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Acquity Group