There are newer employer reviews for Acres Group

The Best Place for the Best People to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauconda, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Acres Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acres Group is the largest independent landscape contractor in the state, and Acres focuses on commercial maintenance and snow removal.

Acres Group has always welcomed me and made me feel comfortable on my career path through; various trainings, project opportunities, a team oriented mentality, a customizable career path and a company culture tailored to Acres Group values. Acres Group expresses confidence in me and my ability to do my job, which makes me feel secure, and part of a family.

Cons

At times the work environment can get intense. Within transitional periods, the workload suddenly, but temporarily increases. The sudden increase in work load creates a fast paced work enviorenment. I wouldn’t put this 100% on the company, but more so on the state of the economy, housing market & the industry. It's a reflection of the times.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Acres Group (View Most Recent)

This is not a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauconda, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Acres Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only reason to work here would be to get some experience in the landscape industry or in administrative work, if it was convenient and you don't have any better options.

Cons

This is a small, privately owned landscape contractor with some pretty big accounts in Lake County, but they have consistently lost their best, long term employees because of the way they treat them. Lack of respect, management paranoia, and a nasty habit of spying on employees instead of developing them leaves them without a loyal or productive group of employees.

Acres management needs to work on their level of professionalism and business acumen and focus on building their employer brand instead of listening around every corner for any hint of discontent or disloyalty.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Acres Group

Pros

I was always challenged and expected to learn more.

Cons

Management's inability to set clear goals and/or keep to those goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Acres Group

Worked for Acres Group? Contribute to the Community!