Acro

www.acrocorp.com
  www.acrocorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acro

A company you would want to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Good Work Culture
- Lot of activities besides work to keep everyone connected & motivated
- Top management willing to guide and help
- Diverse working environment

Cons

- Moderate pay
- No canteen :/

Acro Response

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! Acro does want to be a "company you would want to work for" and we continue to strive to make it as such every day, we are glad to have you on our team!

34 Other Employee Reviews for Acro (View Most Recent)

Great Company to Work For and Grow With!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Acro offers great stability, personal and professional growth, great coworkers, an excellent work environment, and terrific recognition events and appreciation programs. I look forward to coming to work with such a great team everyday!

Cons

As with any company, rapid growth has led to some process and workload issues - but these continue to be addressed and resolved. Upgrading technology and processes is also a focus due to growth and these issues continue to be addressed as well. Continue automating where possible to reduce need for manual processes and improve efficiencies.

Continue to stay true to the Company's core values as the business grows. Great job on recognizing and showing appreciation to your employees. Consider focusing on upgrading technology and processes to eliminate manual work and automate where able to improve productivity and efficiencies, certainly there will be expenses initially to do so, but ultimately the ROI will produce results directly affecting the company's "bottom-line"!

Acro Response

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We agree, Acro is a "Great Company to Work For and Grow With!" In fact, we were just named to the 2014 list of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for ... More

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like that there is a lot of autonomy. There is very little micro managing and you are trusted to do your job. I like that they are making attempts at improving their fringe benefits by incorporating a wellness initiative. I also think that management is very flexible and understanding which promotes a healthy work/life balance. Most co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Cons

It seems that there is a consistent theme of nobody having an answer. It's always...who handles this? and ...how does this get done? . There is a culture of confusion and angst among most departments due to this. This does not promote a healthy working environment and leads to poor morale. There are very few clearly defined roles and again this leads to lots of confusion and angry employees. Upper management does not seem to have a sense of direction and rarely makes important decisions in a timely manner. Additionally, there seems to be a culture of "let's just fire this person" rather than "let's give this person some counseling and work through the issue" when certain issues arise with employees. This leads to lots of turnover and gives the company a bad name. Performance evaluations are done infrequently or not at all. Pay increases do not happen leading to turnover. Lack of career development, training and opportunity for advancement.

My advice
    1. Value your current employees and show them this by providing consistent and timely feedback, performance evaluations and annual merit increases.
    2. Establish clearly defined roles and ensure that the entire office knows who is responsible for each task. This will improve efficiency and morale.
    3. Don't be afraid to hire and create new positions. It seems that a lot of work is heaped onto existing employees rather than creating a new position. Acro has experienced significant growth. To keep up and to continue being in line with our competitors, it's very important that our staff grow along with our expanding business. Again, this contributes to morale and longevity among employees.
    4. When feedback is given, please use it to evaluate, make improvements and move on. Often, it seems that feedback is tossed out the window or discounted.

There are newer employer reviews for Acro