Acronis

Rudderless, very Dysfunctional – just a job not a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Worked with some talented likeable coworkers. Company's software products pretty good, some won awards. Free snacks & beverages, and lunches catered sometimes

Cons

Really inept executive team, many in titles and roles far beyond their training and experience - their in way over their heads and it showed daily. Ineffective absentee CEO. No clear strategy, goals, roles, review process and poor mgmt communication. Culture of secrecy; place founded by Russians and many decisions still made in Moscow by founders & their cronys or behind closed doors by exec team. Awful , depressing work environment, lots of demands but little support – senior mgmt quick to blame others but never take reponsibilty for how their own actions (or inaction) and bad decisions effect entire org. Mgmt shows no desire to develop or keep employees, people viewed as easily replaced. Thus limited possiblity for career growth or financial gain, esp. for sales since products sold mainly thru partners. Benefits suck compared 2 other co.’s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc.). Morale very low. Wish I left a lot sooner than I did, much happier now.

Recognize your own limitations and hire people into roles that match their skills and experience. Trust people with relevent expertise to do their jobs and get out of their way.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Acronis (View Most Recent)

Do yourself a favor and stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

the free lunches are great

Cons

Fire drills, no process to anything. no employee nurturing, unrealistic expectations. surprised companies like this still continue to stay in business in the year 2011

A great start to my career

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

They give you a chance to break into software. It's a great place to start your career in software, at least it was when I was there. Perhaps someone more senior may receive a more aggressive compensation package and it would be a good move.

Cons

Hard on numbers, like most sales organizations, but there was always a coldness to it and no exceptions.

Managers promoted from within are always going to be the strongest, also gives the reps something to strive for.

There are newer employer reviews for Acronis