Acronis

Very Flat

Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

I can't think of any. It has been a roller coaster since I started. So many different managers, and a lay off when they say they want to grow.

Cons

* Management doesn't listen
* Management doesn't communicate changes that are made
* Management talks down to their employees. They say "my business" when it's actually "our business" we are all trying to reach a number.
* turnover is at an all time high. I've seen three general managers over the course of 2 years.
* They are bringing in several people from other countries to "manage" but they don't understand how business in the US works.
* When people leave the refuse to pay their vacation time.
* HR won't respond when there are issues. And when you need an immediate response they blow you off.
* Very shady business practices. Discounting for one not for another. Accounts stolen by other account managers. Management has no control over their business.
* lots of pressure from upper management to commit to a number without having the data or resources to figure out the data.
* They have hired several new "leaders" that don't understand the business. They don't understand how things work and they don't give effective training.
* The latest version of the product has not worked for several customers and the refuse to do any RMAs for these issues.

Listen to the people on the floor - we're the ones that know what's going on in the field.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Acronis (View Most Recent)

Rudderless, very Dysfunctional – just a job not a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Worked with some talented likeable coworkers. Company's software products pretty good, some won awards. Free snacks & beverages, and lunches catered sometimes

Cons

Really inept executive team, many in titles and roles far beyond their training and experience - their in way over their heads and it showed daily. Ineffective absentee CEO. No clear strategy, goals, roles, review process and poor mgmt communication. Culture of secrecy; place founded by Russians and many decisions still made in Moscow by founders & their cronys or behind closed doors by exec team. Awful , depressing work environment, lots of demands but little support – senior mgmt quick to blame others but never take reponsibilty for how their own actions (or inaction) and bad decisions effect entire org. Mgmt shows no desire to develop or keep employees, people viewed as easily replaced. Thus limited possiblity for career growth or financial gain, esp. for sales since products sold mainly thru partners. Benefits suck compared 2 other co.’s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc.). Morale very low. Wish I left a lot sooner than I did, much happier now.

Recognize your own limitations and hire people into roles that match their skills and experience. Trust people with relevent expertise to do their jobs and get out of their way.

Do yourself a favor and stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

the free lunches are great

Cons

Fire drills, no process to anything. no employee nurturing, unrealistic expectations. surprised companies like this still continue to stay in business in the year 2011

There are newer employer reviews for Acronis