Acronis

www.acronis.com

A great start to my career

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

Pros

They give you a chance to break into software. It's a great place to start your career in software, at least it was when I was there. Perhaps someone more senior may receive a more aggressive compensation package and it would be a good move.

Cons

Hard on numbers, like most sales organizations, but there was always a coldness to it and no exceptions.

Managers promoted from within are always going to be the strongest, also gives the reps something to strive for.

Other reviews for Acronis

Acronis deserves better leadership.

Current Employee - Sales Management  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Burlington, MA

Pros

It is a company that has good potential and good products. Our current technology is excellent. Customers like our products. We are moving to a VAR model which is fun to be involved with.

Cons

Exec management here is the pits. They are way over their heads and it shows. CEO and sales exec VP are a cartoon. They treat employees like gerbils on a treadmill. Mid-level management is good but gets little help from the top. Poor pay and a revolving door for employees. I don't see management making good decisions to grow the company.

Bring in more people with more diverse software experience than you have. Bring in more people with VAR experience.

Vision and Action doesn't align... Simplicity meets Layers of Filters

Pros

You will gain the experience learning to do new things yourself when assigning with new projects.

Cons

There are too many layers in the organization, and the top are heavier than the ground staffs. And, communications are filtered, vision doesn't align with actions.

Simplicity is a good vision, but adding multiple layers only makes it more complex. I see only simplicity for the CEO to manage his own business, but adding complexity to the employees to follow.

Too many layers at the top (each having their own agenda)... adding too much workload to the bottom workforce will just push them away.

Company wants to move further, wants to drive growth but not looking at growing their own employees. I find that it is bad. From my feeling, you are treating employees like commodities... one goes, just hire another...

There are newer employer reviews for Acronis.

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!