There are newer employer reviews for ActioNet

Wonderful Experience for Over 5 Years

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at ActioNet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No company is perfect, but ActioNet is an excellent place for those looking to establish a long career at one place or for those early in their career looking to gain valuable experience. The company and CEO invest in their employees by providing training, paying for certifications and school. I have known both the CEO and Executive VP for many years. They are capable people who are personable and affable and who demonstrate an interest in developing talent.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and requires individuals who are willing to challenge themselves to support the companies goals. This requires individuals who are multi-faceted, dedicated and possess confidence in their ability to learn quickly and execute to achieve results.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff and managers more often. Change is good, but too much change can create confusion - make sure change is effectively managed and proposed changes are essential to achieving business goals.

reviews filtered by

Bad Management and Bad Policy

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at ActioNet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, ordinary benefits. Nothing much comes to mind compared to many other similar companies.

Cons

Do not care about employee’s professional growth. Check advice to management for more information.

Advice to Management

Poor management which do unethical stuff, does not inform to the company what is going on in the trenches. Cheats employees out of holiday pay. Supervisor constantly lied to new hires about what type of job they where getting. The same supervisor constantly lied about always doing proposal work for the company but billed the customer fulltime hours without even working half of the weekly hours. I have worked for numerous contractors in and around the Washington DC area and this company is probably one of the worst if not the worst company. Mainly what makes it bad is the supervisor I had. I have seen high turn over in the company. I informed another manager within the company what was going on but no even a reply. They are constantly asking employees to get certified but would not pay for their boot camp or certification materials. During the hiring process employees where not told about the expectation of getting these certifications. They where held accountable in their performance review unjustly. Some of these certifications did not eve exist, something the managers make up to avoid giving raises or bonuses because they cannot be accomplish. After quiting I told my supervisor how bad the reviews Actionet has on glassdoor. There were that many reviews but after I mention this he probably informed HQ and had some managers put in good reviews. I guess they tried to offset their numbers. Ask a person why they left the company and see what you get.

Cried last year and cried again ths year which I have not cry on a job over 15 years

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at ActioNet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good PTO and fringe benefits

Cons

Middle Mgmt. effortlessly to play "Devil Advocate" - they have no integrity and throwing people underneath the bus without a true investigation and review true results from customer of who is doing a good job vs. a lot of bolognie stuff words.

Advice to Management

Trust your instincts stop listening to people continuously kissing your behind. True leadership and Confident employees would not kiss up Management. They know their skills set and no need to play office gossip and rumors.

There are newer employer reviews for ActioNet