ActioNet

www.actionet.com
There are newer employer reviews for ActioNet

Much like my military experience, developing and growing personnel is a core value.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at ActioNet full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First name basis and open door policy with ALL senior management!

Cons

The pace the company is growing is starting to lose some of the intimate team mentality.

Look at developing a tracked approach for growing our team's skills and abilities - it WILL garner increased loyalty.

64 Other Employee Reviews for ActioNet (View Most Recent)

This use to be a great company to work for.

I have been working at ActioNet full-time

Pros

They are very flexible with the hours you work. They are also flexible with time off.
    This use to be a great company when there was great management in place. Recently they were all replaced by managers who have no experience or were fired from their previous jobs but for some reason they thought would be good for actionet.

Cons

When the company was small they were great. Now that they are big they are getting greedy and forget their employees and customers. Even the customers complain about the new management. When employees quit their position, the managers do not replace them and the remaining team members are expected to assume the responsibilities with no extra increase in salary. Management prefers to hire cheap employees with no experience to do the work and then they are not prepared to do the work. Employees who are good are not rewarded and that is why they are all leaving.

Too much politics with management. No way to advance unless you play the game and kiss ass.

Promote managers from within since they know what they are working on. Listen to your employees they actually know what they are talking about and it could avoid a lot of issues in the long run. Spend more time trying to find the right person for the job. ActioNet will hire anyone who is cheap regardless if they are actually good and qualified for the position.

Very challenging but lack training at the customer site

Former Employee - Help Desk Manager in Suitland, MD
    Former Employee - Help Desk Manager in Suitland, MD

I worked at ActioNet full-time (less than a year)

Pros

to co-workers were fantastic PM was supportive, hours were great very relaxed atmosphere

Cons

after hiring on I was not given any training and also two weeks after I hired on the Project Manager resigned for a better position leaving me as the senior manager in charge

support the project more at NOAA

There are newer employer reviews for ActioNet