Action Against Hunger USA
www.aahuk.org New York, NY

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Action Against Hunger USA as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery professional and highly organized international development organization. Smaller than the biggest names (UN et al, IRC, Red Cross, Oxfam, MSF, etc.) but very respectable. Little doubt to commitment or ability to make real impact within their very narrow mission focus. Management is very good. Clear commitment to professional development for the duration of the internship, always finding time to share information and mentor. Office is simple, adequate... aka NGO. Conference call tech doesn't always work. Business casual every day. A good place to work.

ConsAs an intern, the biggest hope is to be hired. A challenge at ACF-USA, as the office already completed a major expansion a couple years ago so there won't be an influx of hires. Also, as with most major international NGOs, the most interesting jobs are for PhD or other highly experienced candidates. Also witnessed other interns passed over for positions given less qualified candidates. Not easy to climb the ladder on the program side.

Filed work is better than working at NY Head Quarters

I have been working at Action Against Hunger USA full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great international culture, very hard working and dedicated staff. Some people have been working with the organization for many years. It has a… Cons: The organization has grown too fast in a very short time and it was not ready for it. It seems a bit lost and unprepared. There… Advice to Senior Management: Be aware of what it is going on in your organization. A good manager is always alert and knows what is going on at all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Only if you really want to go to the field and you don't have expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Action Against Hunger USA full-time

Pros: Only good for Field work: Good technical learning school if… Cons: They don't seem to really care for their staff whether it is in the field where the conditions are pretty bad, management is very poor,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Action Against Hunger USA.

Worked for Action Against Hunger USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Action Against Hunger USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Action Against Hunger USA CEO Nan Dale. All reviews posted anonymously by Action Against Hunger USA employees.