ActionLink
www.actionlink.com Akron, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good job if you need flexible hours and like working alone

Merchandising Representative (Current Employee)
Allentown, PA

ProsThe hours are very flexible and this really does make for a perfect second job since you can work around your other schedule. Store visits run from 20 minutes to 2 hours long, depending on the project, but most are only 45 minutes of actual in-store time. Usually jobs can be scheduled Mondays-Thursdays from 8am-7pm. If you are well versed in technology and consumer electronics many of the Merch Plus projects are a breeze. They consist of setting up television, camera, and computer displays in retail (Merch Plus also pays more per hour.) Also, if you are an independent person who doesn't need a boss breathing down your neck in order to get work done this will be a dream job. You will only hear from management if you are doing a poor job. This is a great position for those of you who are good at following written directions and are able to take initiative to get the job done with minimal supervision. Of course people skills come into play since you have to work with retail managers and associates. This is important since the more you know the managers the easier your job will become.

ConsExpect to get less than 10 hours a week on average unless you are willing to travel. The compensation for gas is unrealistic and you will most likely end up spending out of pocket for a lot of your mileage. Management is sometimes hard to reach, especially when you are out on the field and need help. One of my pet peevs is when you are scheduled to do a 20 minute job somewhere that is a half an hour away. or more. It is sometimes not worth going and you end up working for like $3/hr when you break down driving time and in-store time plus any gas money you might have put out. On the topic of money, I have been working for Actionlink for over a year and have not received a raise or additional compensation. So do not expect a yearly raise, so the wage you agree to when you are hired will be what you will make unless you move up in positions which is very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really have no advice to give...

It's an ok place to work

Akron, OH

I have been working at ActionLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company can be very generous at times, and has… Cons: There are a lot of cliques in this company. More than I have seen anywhere else. It makes it hard to get anything done… Advice to Senior Management: They should pay more attention to what is going with these cliques that have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Part time career with no chance for Advancement

Marketing Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ActionLink part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great pay for part time work 16.00Hr Work your own hours… Cons: Low Hours 30 or less a week No Commissions on sales Shady Management and Hr department No chance for advanncement Looks bad on your resume I.E(what is actionlink etc) Boring… Advice to Senior Management: Try to offer more permanent full time positions for everybody, do background checks on management you hire for these programs(most have no degree), offer cash… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ActionLink.

Worked for ActionLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ActionLink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ActionLink CEO Bruce Finn . All reviews posted anonymously by ActionLink employees.