There are newer employer reviews for ActionLink

"OK" for high schoolers living at home

Former Employee - Merchandising Representative
Former Employee - Merchandising Representative

I worked at ActionLink part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good per hour ($11-13). Even part time reps get Medical.

Cons

You will be promised one thing but given another. I was promised 20 hours of paid training, but only received pay for 10 hours. Then, I was promised 10-20 hours of work a week, but I only averaged 4 hours a week in the first month.

Give more work to your reps. Families can't live off of $90-100 a week.

98 Other Employee Reviews for ActionLink (View Most Recent)

Steady

Former Employee - Product Demostration  in  Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Product Demostration in Gurnee, IL

I worked at ActionLink part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job is seasonal and flexible. Projects are well worth doing as they pay is good. Learn new technology on the job. There is no micromanagement.

Cons

Job is hot during holidays but is not steady throughout the year

Say thank you and well done after words.

Worst company I know

Current Employee - Merchandising Representative  in  Council Grove, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandising Representative in Council Grove, KS

I have been working at ActionLink part-time for more than a year

Pros

It does allow a person to travel to new and different locations and to meet new people to develop new business relationships. It does allow a person to set their own work schedule to some extent.

Cons

They will sometimes make it impossible for employees to file reports and get paid for jobs they have completed. They make it difficult to impossible to be reimbursed for excess travel expenses. The work level is inconsistent, for example I may work 50 to 60 hours for 2 to 3 weeks straight and then not have work for up to 6 weeks. The work is only part time and therefore employees are not entitled to any full time benefits. I have had 7 district managers and 3 regional managers in the first year of my employment. They don't pay enough for mileage expenses and the hourly pay is much too low.

Pay your employees better and make it easier to file expense reports. Try to make the work more consistent so employees can actually make a decent living. Train the managers better so there is more consistency in management styles. Fire half the managers and sales people you have now to save expenses and create more consistent management. You have too many managers compared to the numbers of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for ActionLink

Worked for ActionLink? Contribute to the Community!