Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
  www.activant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

Although I was good at what I did and received good management reviews, I was always worried about losing my job

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. The benefits package and salary were highly competetive. Always had a flexible work schedule with no trouble getting time off.

Cons

Absolutely no formal training! My job was complex and it was virtually impossible for anyone to have the skill set and knowledge to complete the required job tasks. Learning was accomplished by asking my co-workers (and interupting their work) many times over and over through the course of a two year span of time. After two years, I pretty much knew what I was doing but still had to bother my colleages from time to time.

Management would only give raises to the elite employees...The chosen ones!!! All other employees (about 80% of the total work force) received no raises for several years.

Management never valued the employees. As stated earlier, no training or raises were provided. Also, great employees were either laid off or fired. There was never any recognition for a job well done and I never knew if I was doing a good job or not. There was very little effective communication between management and employees.

Value your employees!!! Quit focusing solely on the profit margin and create a positive work environment. Laying off good employees year after year to increase the bottom line will bite you on the rear end!

79 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

Too much reactionary cost cutting, need more strategic leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Large organization. Good people overall as employees.

Cons

Management is too focused on EBITDA and not enough attention is paid to growing the company. Too many platforms to manage effectively. Sr. Management seems a little too shortsighted and overcontrolling.

Hire good people and trust them to make decisions in their departments. Focus on growing the company's top-line and the EBITDA will follow. Lead by example.

Poor management from CEO down

Former Employee - Director in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Yardley, PA

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Exposure to entire operations
    Good people (Not Senior Management)

Cons

Stagnation
    benefits are inadequate
    antiquated systems
    No thought out plans just shoot from the hip

Get rid of our CEO who is just incompetent, CFO who is just a political individual and the rest who don't know how to manage people and have no strategic plan except for "lets lay off" to make our numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)