Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com

Although I was good at what I did and received good management reviews, I was always worried about losing my job

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCo-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. The benefits package and salary were highly competetive. Always had a flexible work schedule with no trouble getting time off.

ConsAbsolutely no formal training! My job was complex and it was virtually impossible for anyone to have the skill set and knowledge to complete the required job tasks. Learning was accomplished by asking my co-workers (and interupting their work) many times over and over through the course of a two year span of time. After two years, I pretty much knew what I was doing but still had to bother my colleages from time to time.

Management would only give raises to the elite employees...The chosen ones!!! All other employees (about 80% of the total work force) received no raises for several years.

Management never valued the employees. As stated earlier, no training or raises were provided. Also, great employees were either laid off or fired. There was never any recognition for a job well done and I never knew if I was doing a good job or not. There was very little effective communication between management and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees!!! Quit focusing solely on the profit margin and create a positive work environment. Laying off good employees year after year to increase the bottom line will bite you on the rear end!

Poor management from CEO down

Director (Former Employee) Yardley, PA

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: Exposure to entire operations Good people (Not Senior Management) Cons: Stagnation benefits are inadequate antiquated systems No thought out plans just shoot from… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of our CEO who is just incompetent, CFO who is just a political individual and the rest who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to start my career. Should have left after current management took took over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: The people. Good experience working with small business owners. Cons: Watching management work is like watching a bucket of crabs. Instead of focusing on working together… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the entrenched middle management that look to make the other managers look bad and blame frontline… More
There are newer reviews on Activant Solutions (California).

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!