Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com

Activant losing ground with inconsistent management and unstable RIF decisions to pump up bottom line numbers........

Software Support (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsMy division has a very loyal employee group from the sole proprietorship days that work very well together despite the lacking talents of the "new" corporate executive management team. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest customer satisafaction producing an extremely loyal customer base ready and willing to provide prospect referrals. Even with the uncertainity of the next management move which most certainly includes additional RIF potential we still continuing to drive performance both in technology and support arenas.

ConsExecutive management has been unable to produce a focused, market-driven business plan based on the independent division strengths and weaknesses. Given the contraction of the current wholesale industry segment the ability of a company to work with their client base is imperative. This fact seems to be lost on those responsible for making or breaking this company. Seemingly arbitrary hirings increasing the executive salary load while reducing the "working" population with little regard as to the full impact these lost employees might actually have on the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire workgroup has made it difficult to remain.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your successful work teams instead of trying to force them to follow proven poor business practices. Listen to your customers -- ALL of them -- not just a selected few from specific platforms. Realize that communication is the MOST important practice in times of uncertainty. Stop working from the top down and realize that it is the employee not management that keeps a business viable. Respect the talent that you have!

Truth hurts sometimes but you have to learn to listen

Do Titles Really Mean Anything? (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: If you Love Stress and a future that your unsure… Cons: Training and education of employees simply does not exist. … Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees. You do not keep people with empty promises and pipe dreams. You really should spend time looking at what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Activant -- wobbly foundation, not too late to shore it up?

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: I found the size of work-group teams to be comfortable and I appreciated camaraderie among associates, though it tended to be the… Cons: I never felt that Activant management really understood what it meant to be a market-driven company. In my time there, it swung back and forth… Advice to Senior Management: Drive products from a true market-driven product-management perspective. Enable a business-driven product management function which is empowered from the executive level and not subordinate to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Activant Solutions (California).

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!