Activant Solutions (California)
www.activant.com Livermore, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

All over the map

Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

ProsThe benefits package at Activant is very generous with the recent exception of the termination of matching funds for 401k contributions. In fact, there are many employees whose stated reason for working there are the comprehensive benefits. There are alot of bright people and the culture is positive, but very segmented.

ConsThere are alot of senior staff that have been with the company for way too long. Their skill sets and capabilities are no longer competitive in the industry, but it is almost impossible to get fired for incompotence at Activant. Very little emphasis is placed in achievment. Attempts at improvement are rewarded no matter what the outcome is. Activant is really 5 or 6 different companies with boundless redundancies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few less "remote" executives that employees couldn't pick out of a line up. For god's sake... if your really worth high six figures then pack your bags and meet some of the people you will be responsible for. It seems like there is a new VP or GM every other week, but knowledge workers have been consistantly laid off for a year now... too many chefs spoil the broth.

Where would you be with out us?

Livermore, CA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: the other employees, the company's software program, potential Cons: When desicions are made, it either takes 4 to 6 months for something to start happening, or nothing changes. We are setup for failure… Advice to Senior Management: if you value us, why wouldnt you pay us like it? … More

It's time to turn things around.

Plano, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: Activant has some very talented people working for them. I've had the priviledge of working with such people for many years.… Cons: No bonus, no matching on 401K, forced vacations, limiting accrued vacations hours, remote locations are unimportant and are… Advice to Senior Management: When you have less people doing the same amount of work or more expect complaints from clients and deal with it. Take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Activant Solutions (California).

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Activant Solutions (California) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Activant Solutions (California) CEO Pervez A. Qureshi. All reviews posted anonymously by Activant Solutions (California) employees.