Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
  www.activant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

All over the map

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

The benefits package at Activant is very generous with the recent exception of the termination of matching funds for 401k contributions. In fact, there are many employees whose stated reason for working there are the comprehensive benefits. There are alot of bright people and the culture is positive, but very segmented.

Cons

There are alot of senior staff that have been with the company for way too long. Their skill sets and capabilities are no longer competitive in the industry, but it is almost impossible to get fired for incompotence at Activant. Very little emphasis is placed in achievment. Attempts at improvement are rewarded no matter what the outcome is. Activant is really 5 or 6 different companies with boundless redundancies.

Hire a few less "remote" executives that employees couldn't pick out of a line up. For god's sake... if your really worth high six figures then pack your bags and meet some of the people you will be responsible for. It seems like there is a new VP or GM every other week, but knowledge workers have been consistantly laid off for a year now... too many chefs spoil the broth.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

Where would you be with out us?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

the other employees, the company's software program, potential

Cons

When desicions are made, it either takes 4 to 6 months for something to start happening, or nothing changes. We are setup for failure from the start. Numerous employees give 110% or more of their effort and are receive 60-75% for their pay. The commission plans are set to reward you if you hit 100% or better, and if you hit that number you can expect a quota raise in the amount of your success. If you do not hit the 100% or great mark, you are stuck with "Decelorators". This is a great strategy to keep the company profitable and their sales team hoping to pay their bills.

if you value us, why wouldnt you pay us like it? Please dont set us up for failure, if we win so do you!

It's time to turn things around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Activant has some very talented people working for them. I've had the priviledge of working with such people for many years. Combine that with the loyalty and friendships made over the years with coworkers as well as clients has been very rewarding.

Cons

No bonus, no matching on 401K, forced vacations, limiting accrued vacations hours, remote locations are unimportant and are treated the same as or given the same respect deserved as if you were in Livermore or Yardley.

When you have less people doing the same amount of work or more expect complaints from clients and deal with it. Take responsibility for it but do not act surprised by it and throw your employees under the bus. That's the cowards way out.

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)