Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
  www.activant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

Some Things Will Never Change!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

The people. Some of the most amazing people there. They were more like fmaily and friends than co workers.

Cons

Management has their own agenda. They do not care what you have to say as an employee. Just make your number. You tell them what they want to hear to close the deal. Tell them we will ship next month but ship it right away so we can cout the revenue. If they decide to not accept it, it is ok as we can recognize revenue twice! Sweet huh!

I would recommend they update their resumes, as Activant is being readied for the take over. That is the reason they have more managers than they have salespeople.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

All over the map

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

The benefits package at Activant is very generous with the recent exception of the termination of matching funds for 401k contributions. In fact, there are many employees whose stated reason for working there are the comprehensive benefits. There are alot of bright people and the culture is positive, but very segmented.

Cons

There are alot of senior staff that have been with the company for way too long. Their skill sets and capabilities are no longer competitive in the industry, but it is almost impossible to get fired for incompotence at Activant. Very little emphasis is placed in achievment. Attempts at improvement are rewarded no matter what the outcome is. Activant is really 5 or 6 different companies with boundless redundancies.

Hire a few less "remote" executives that employees couldn't pick out of a line up. For god's sake... if your really worth high six figures then pack your bags and meet some of the people you will be responsible for. It seems like there is a new VP or GM every other week, but knowledge workers have been consistantly laid off for a year now... too many chefs spoil the broth.

Where would you be with out us?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

the other employees, the company's software program, potential

Cons

When desicions are made, it either takes 4 to 6 months for something to start happening, or nothing changes. We are setup for failure from the start. Numerous employees give 110% or more of their effort and are receive 60-75% for their pay. The commission plans are set to reward you if you hit 100% or better, and if you hit that number you can expect a quota raise in the amount of your success. If you do not hit the 100% or great mark, you are stuck with "Decelorators". This is a great strategy to keep the company profitable and their sales team hoping to pay their bills.

if you value us, why wouldnt you pay us like it? Please dont set us up for failure, if we win so do you!

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)