Activant Solutions (California)
www.activant.com Livermore, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

I was proud to work for Triad, not so much with Activant.

Employee (Former Employee)
Livermore, CA

ProsCo-workers and supervisors are the best around. Long term relationships with customers are rewarding. Job assignments with lots of versatility keep job boredom at bay.

ConsSupervisors & managers work hard to buffer the indifference (near hostility) of upper management towards the work force. The work force works hard to buffer the customer from the indifference (new hostility) of upper management from the customer. The customer has fewer and fewer reasons to invest in the "top of the line" when every corner is cut.
Every six months or so a new initiative is hatched. It gets a lot of fan fare, no follow through and never the funds or support needed for a successful campaign. Soon it is forgotten and yet another initiative planed. There have been dozens of them. Remember "do it once"? That was a successful, long lasting campaign from the 80's!
Meanwhile, I don't know a single field employee, (not familiar with the "in house employee" habits) be it sales, education or engineering who doesn't work many hours a week more than their paycheck reflects yet that does not constitute commitment at review time, it is expected. Dear Employee, Your company thanks you for your dedication to the well being and growth of the company. In recognition of your contributions we are awarding you with an NI and no merit increase,. Don't take it personally, we have to do it to someone in every department, every year, it's just your turn. Better luck next year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoose the "us and them" mentality with both your customers and co-workers, yes we ARE co-workers. Granted, your pay is more than ours but you work for someone else too. Come back down to earth and realize you have not been successful. Please read these reviews as though they were your performance review. If they were, your next stop would be Monster.com. How bad is it going to have to get before you get some humility? Hiring consulting firms has proven to be an exercise in back slapping and ego inflation activity. Get back to basics. Call Ralph!

Some Things Will Never Change!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: The people. Some of the most amazing people there. They… Cons: Management has their own agenda. They do not care what you have to say as an employee. Just make your number. You tell them what… Advice to Senior Management: I would recommend they update their resumes, as Activant is being readied for the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

All over the map

Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros: The benefits package at Activant is very generous with the recent exception of the termination of matching funds for 401k contributions. In fact, there are… Cons: There are alot of senior staff that have been with the company for way too long. Their skill sets and capabilities are no longer competitive… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a few less "remote" executives that employees couldn't pick out of a line up. For god's sake... if your really worth high six figures… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Activant Solutions (California).

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Activant Solutions (California) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Activant Solutions (California) CEO Pervez A. Qureshi. All reviews posted anonymously by Activant Solutions (California) employees.