Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
  www.activant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

Customer WHAT? Who needs customer service?

Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Worked from home which was great, missed the office politics, plentiful amounts of office BS and habitual slackers.

Cons

Most co workers were ok. However, there were those that left unattended chose to play on the internet for the day, yes, the WHOLE day, day after day, week after week. Those of us with work ethic tended to get bad attitudes. And they wondered why I enjoyed working from home! I guess it boiled down to mgmt didnt care, this was and is happening right under their noses.

Before laying off employees, review their past performance reviews and check their personal internet use. In addition, you might take into consideration who works weekends, holidays and rotating shifts without complaint. Not sure what guidelines are used for layoffs but maybe they need to be reviewed. Unbelievable that a complany with so many cheifs would be so mismanaged.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

I was proud to work for Triad, not so much with Activant.

Former Employee - Employee in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Livermore, CA

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Co-workers and supervisors are the best around. Long term relationships with customers are rewarding. Job assignments with lots of versatility keep job boredom at bay.

Cons

Supervisors & managers work hard to buffer the indifference (near hostility) of upper management towards the work force. The work force works hard to buffer the customer from the indifference (new hostility) of upper management from the customer. The customer has fewer and fewer reasons to invest in the "top of the line" when every corner is cut.
    Every six months or so a new initiative is hatched. It gets a lot of fan fare, no follow through and never the funds or support needed for a successful campaign. Soon it is forgotten and yet another initiative planed. There have been dozens of them. Remember "do it once"? That was a successful, long lasting campaign from the 80's!
    Meanwhile, I don't know a single field employee, (not familiar with the "in house employee" habits) be it sales, education or engineering who doesn't work many hours a week more than their paycheck reflects yet that does not constitute commitment at review time, it is expected. Dear Employee, Your company thanks you for your dedication to the well being and growth of the company. In recognition of your contributions we are awarding you with an NI and no merit increase,. Don't take it personally, we have to do it to someone in every department, every year, it's just your turn. Better luck next year.

Loose the "us and them" mentality with both your customers and co-workers, yes we ARE co-workers. Granted, your pay is more than ours but you work for someone else too. Come back down to earth and realize you have not been successful. Please read these reviews as though they were your performance review. If they were, your next stop would be Monster.com. How bad is it going to have to get before you get some humility? Hiring consulting firms has proven to be an exercise in back slapping and ego inflation activity. Get back to basics. Call Ralph!

Bad Management

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist Senior in Hyannis, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist Senior in Hyannis, MA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Nice group of people in the team

Cons

BAD management. Decisions made with no reasons, no advancement, alot of talk -- no action.

LISTEN to employees -- you talk a good game to customers, but inside we all know it is a lie. It is hard to give a good impression to customers when you don't feel any support coming from mgmt

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)