Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

New name- same horrible leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Great customers, colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Poor management decisions have bad effects on the customers, management thinks that we have very satisfied customers, but they are wrong. Pervez was named CEO of the new Epicor- Epicor employees should get ready for your career to go down the drain. All the other posts on this company's thread are very much what I and so many others feel each and every day.

Outdated products, no organizational structure, no standard operating procedures, micro management, development doesn't listen to the customer's needs and satisfy them- they do what they want.

The only thing we can all pray for is that Apax Partners (the investment firm that bought Activant & Epicor to combine them) will see this site and take note that the Activant side of this company is hanging by a thread. If we loose too many more people we are at risk of implosion. Our customers are NOT happy and it seems to get worse daily.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

Love the place -- ditch the antiques.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Good salary and benefits with room for growth!

Cons

Lots of business unit managers have been around way too long. They don't think outside their antiquated box and seem to be coasting until death or retirement.

Get rid of the oldies who can't change.

Old school 8-5 company that is unlike a software or high tech company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Good work/life balance that is promoted by Sr. management. It is not a overtime every night kinda place but a 8-5 place. Most people seem to arrive after 8am and leave before 5:30pm. Good job if you have a family, another job or a hobby.

Cons

No upward career mobility because they expect you to just do your job and be happy about it. Most decisions need to go to Senior management. Salary increases only match inflation, if there are any salary increases. Most employees are long timers who have been at the company over 10 years and they don't know a different way of doing things or have different ideas. Very stifling if you want to grow in your career.

Management needs to provide a compelling vision for the company and not just focus on EBITDA for the next quarter. A vision where we believe and can strive for. Where is the company going? What is the future look like?

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)