Activant Solutions (California)

www.activant.com
  www.activant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

New name- same horrible leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Great customers, colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Poor management decisions have bad effects on the customers, management thinks that we have very satisfied customers, but they are wrong. Pervez was named CEO of the new Epicor- Epicor employees should get ready for your career to go down the drain. All the other posts on this company's thread are very much what I and so many others feel each and every day.

Outdated products, no organizational structure, no standard operating procedures, micro management, development doesn't listen to the customer's needs and satisfy them- they do what they want.

The only thing we can all pray for is that Apax Partners (the investment firm that bought Activant & Epicor to combine them) will see this site and take note that the Activant side of this company is hanging by a thread. If we loose too many more people we are at risk of implosion. Our customers are NOT happy and it seems to get worse daily.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California) (View Most Recent)

Great workers, horrible management.

Former Employee - NOC Administrative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - NOC Administrative in Austin, TX

I worked at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Ability to work from home.
    Small Teams - great teamwork together.
    Not to difficult of a job.
    Decent starting pay.
    Good place to coast, if you're just looking for that.

Cons

No real training.
    Promises often, follow thru seldom.
    No internal movement possible.
    Lack of skill improvements.
    Hardware not up to date, or keep up to date.
    Tools out of date, and band-aid to death, new tools have issues not fixed or address old issues.
    Lack of clear policy and procedures. Yet what management uses against you constantly.
    Lack of management knowing how things truly work.
    In 3 years 1 raise and was below inflation
    Work load increases constantly with 0 compensation.
    Talk of "We" and "Team" until something goes wrong then it's someone's head on the chopping block and nothing but finger pointing from management.
    No true thinking out of the box. Tho asked to do so, implementation will just get your hand slapped, and if it fails then large amounts of blame are placed.
    Don't rock the boat, or you'll be out the door.
    Have to have that yes man mentality getting talked down too, or blamed for things not your fault, should be meet with canned responses and not the actual events that took place.

Take a look at your management teams. If a manager can't keep his head count filled in this economy, what does that say about that manager. It's more of a buddy system for promotions or moves in the company. I've seen this company lose a lot of great talent (especially in the last year) due to poor management decisions / thought process. Management really fail to see the big picture and don't care how their decisions affect the other workers. Layoffs are taken very lightly and without rhyme or reasons. Who you think should be let go stays, and who should stay gets let go. Needs to be some sort of better training for the managers of this company, as they tend to be very unprofessional when dealing with real situations.

Love the place -- ditch the antiques.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Activant Solutions (California)

Pros

Good salary and benefits with room for growth!

Cons

Lots of business unit managers have been around way too long. They don't think outside their antiquated box and seem to be coasting until death or retirement.

Get rid of the oldies who can't change.

There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)