Active Network
www.activenetwork.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A good place to work with fantastic co-workers.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Draper, UT

I have been working at Active Network full-time

ProsI really like the people I work with. These are some of the brightest, most brilliant people I have worked with in the industry. Every company I have worked for has drawbacks, but the people I work with and the job flexibility to work from home when I need to outweigh any drawbacks I have yet to encounter.
Also, this is a growing company with a bright future in my opinion.

ConsThere are times when long hours are required. This is a drawback to the industry, not necessarily just The Active Network. Sometimes it is difficult to get the things needed to perform my job properly in a timely manner, but again this is not unique to Active.
In short, the only real cons to working here are inherent in the industry in any company of this size.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have found my direct managers and upper management accessible and receptive. I may not always get what I want, but I am heard and usually I get an satisfactory explanation answering my questions.
My advice would be to try to keep our key employees happy and work on employee retention for our top performers, and continue to recognize them publicly. I feel that feeling appreciated and valued can be as important as Salary (if not more so).

I look forward to going to work almost every day!

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Draper, UT

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great products, Opportunity to work with bleeding edge technology. Many "pet projects" turn into full blown product offerings. The Mobile application product offerings are really… Cons: Limited opportunity for promotion locally. If you want to move up and stay within the company sometimes you need to be willing to move out… Advice to Senior Management: Getting a clearer message delivered to employees regarding the direction of the company as a whole. I know what we are doing in our office… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, fun place to work, but management, especially in IT is in over their heads.

Operations (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros: -weekly workout programs with onsite group training - flexible work schedule with the option to work form… Cons: - MANAGEMENT! Especially in the IT department. The VP there is either in over his head or is clearly incompetent . Since… Advice to Senior Management: Work on employee retention. Really! Make it a top priority. Keep those that you have and make them happy. Even if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Active Network.

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Active Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Active Network CEO Darko Dejanovic. All reviews posted anonymously by Active Network employees.