There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Loving my JOB at Active; More advancement options

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get to work everyday with really fun and interesting people who care about their individual wellness so the work out program is an excellent way to blow off some steam. We work hard but we play hard too and we receive excellent training programs from time to time.

Cons

Long hours and sometimes I am not able to receive the time-off that I request because HR is slow in processing the request. The pay is a little below where I think it should be, but everyone always complains about that, right?

Need to provide more advancement opportunities and perhaps some more incentive pay for good work done. Otherwise, I think this is a great place to work and my manager usually listens to what I have to say.

365 Other Employee Reviews for Active Network (View Most Recent)

Falling on hard times

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great concept, but the vision is lacking. There are some really great people there, some of the originals from the early days, but starting to see most of them leave and cash out. The change in upper management has been challenging along with the Post IPO culture. The leader of the pack just left so hopefully this departure will be a positive.

Cons

Seems to me their hiring process is a little sketchy. I have seen a few employees hired with no business of being where they are at. I would rather get paid well for my job then be able to work out during lunch. I can do that on my own time.

Share the wealth. A hand full of people walked away with more than enough money in the IPO, would have been nice to see some employee bonuses come our way. The compensation is extremely low and below market value.

Corrupt, abusive executives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staffers, the exercise classes and groups

Cons

Shady business model, abusive executives

You need an intervention - an ethics intervention.

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!