Active Network

www.activenetwork.com

Good place to work overall with one caveat...pay

Developer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat culture within the Development organization, flexible work environment, reasonably decent benefits, lunch time workouts, young workers, nice facilities. This is a great place to work if money is not all that important to you.
Also, contrary to other reviews, there is plenty of opportunity to move around but you have to take the initiative and learn the skills necessary for the job that you want.

ConsLook at the financial statements, money is tight. The pay is below market and raises are almost non-existent. I was a top performer for 4 years and I averaged around 3.5%/yr. Bonuses for the most part are strictly for top performers and they're usually disappointing. I once went to pickup my bonus from one of the VPs and as he handed me the check he said "you must have done something really special, not many of these going around this year" - It was $1k.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that you simply review your pay scales and the notion of "pay for performance". Every year you talk about "pay for performance" but then it never happens. You can only motivate people so much with "employee recognition programs" and little perks, people want to get paid. Also, as a public company, we see how much you get paid! So you can imagine how we feel when we're told there is no money for raises and then we see you sell a million dollars worth of stock. How about stock options for regular employees?

This may sound harsh but lay some people off. Expectations for employees are too low. Cut the weak performers and redundant employees loose, dump the load on the top performers, pay them more, and maybe you will turn a profit.

Active Purchased Us. It's been good.

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great location in Las Colins, TX Friendly co-workers and team atmosphere Part… Cons: I don't have any cons. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company...great culture!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time for less than a year

Pros: Company culture, advancement opportunities, qualified management Cons: There are a few operational inefficiencies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Active Network.

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!