There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Interesting, but Exciting for sure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and team dynamic

Cons

Not enough training provided for staff

Focus more on training

369 Other Employee Reviews for Active Network (View Most Recent)

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and health conscious environment. Has boot camp style workout available during the day throughout week. Company continues to make money and the sales force is strong.

Cons

Unstable as of late at the top. Too large of company to be using Matrix system of management. Causes uncomfortable and inefficient communication and processes. Finance & Billing are dysfunctional at best and have caused major issues in a few of the verticals. Customer service is lacking. More emphasis on product over service.

Kill the matrix or balance it out. Focus on incredible customer service and solid product and quit acquiring companies. Fix the billing and AR issues at all levels.

Eh I really wish I could believe in them.

Former Employee - Design in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Design in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people on my team were great and you could tell my managers were trying really hard. Its just going to be a long steep climb up that mountain of politics and mediocre products.

Cons

Active left me really conflicted there is so much potential but I feel like most of the company is just shooting itself in the foot. The products are bad, like nothing's changed since the software was built in the early 90's bad.There is an effort to improve but it is something that is going to take many years before they seen improvement. Their competitors are lightyears ahead of them and there is such a pile of politics and bureaucracy preventing active from even getting close to that quality. Its a testament to an incredible sales team because the products they offer are seriously lacking.

Stop lighting unnecessary fires and then running away. This company had no direction and every project hinged on a politics battle.

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network