Inspiring Work Environment

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Right off the bat I felt like I was part of a great team at ACTIVE. It is very inspiring to work with people that are passionate about a company and what it does. ACTIVE is poised to do great things in the future and I am excited to be a part of the team. Everyday I learn something new and enjoy doing my work! ACTIVE also has a tremendous health program, ACTIVEx, which has introduced me to people from across the company.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to share at this time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Active Network full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. Could determine my own 8 hour schedule. Got to wear whatever clothes (including workout clothes) I wanted to. Worked with awesome popele

Cons

Company is getting sold. In the process the goal has been to reduce overhead, which means people turn into numbers and talented, hard working people get laid off

Advice to Management

Need to focus on working with other teams and bringing us together, not ripping us apart. We all support each other. Also need to work on clear communication between your team. Rumors help no one.

2. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with smart and inspired people. Active advocates active lifestyle, which is reflected in company's culture. Average age is around 28-30 years I think. A lot of creativity, passion around projects people are working on. Dress code - whatever works for you. (flip-flops, shorts) ActiveX - fitness program for employees will keep you exercising up to few times a day if you want to. Projects are very interesting technology wise. You may have a lot of fun working at Active. Benefits are good. I would have 5 weeks vacation next year if I did not leave. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Sometimes manager's decisions are to radical. If something is going not well people are not trying to fix problems right a way. It leads to radical decisions later on.