Active Network

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Tarnished by leadership

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Active has jobs and people need jobs. Salaries can be competitive, if you push hard enough. There are also some (but very few) good mid-level leaders left in the organization.

Cons

The former culture of Active is no longer intact. The days of leaders who live and breath the Active lifestyle is long since departed. The Active of today is driven solely by dollars, cents and margins. This combined with a complete lack of transparency between employees and leadership has created palatable uncertainty and angst. Additionally, business decisions rarely feel as though they have the employees best interest at heart.

Own your decisions. Be honest. Have integrity.

394 Other Employee Reviews for Active Network (View Most Recent)

H&F

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I consider Active as an excellent launchpad. This company has provided me with ample opportunity to learn and grow. They wont force it on you, but if you show initiative, there is something to be gained.

Cons

The future of Active seems uncertain. In my division, there seems to be a race to force our clients to migrate to an incomplete product.

The company no longer has that "something special" that used to draw people to it. We have somehow stumbled from the path of delivering quality solutions. We used to be the 'Apple' of our nitch, but we are fast on the track of becoming 'Dell'.

Great company losing its way...

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and products. A lot of very dedicated and smart people. Brand leadership.

Cons

A lot of turmoil right now that is being poorly managed. Too many managers working behind closed doors, rumors ( mostly unfounded) filling the void of information. Good people getting let go or leaving.

Get back down to earth. Communicate and show you care beyond feathering your nests.

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network