Active Network

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Tarnished by leadership

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Active has jobs and people need jobs. Salaries can be competitive, if you push hard enough. There are also some (but very few) good mid-level leaders left in the organization.

Cons

The former culture of Active is no longer intact. The days of leaders who live and breath the Active lifestyle is long since departed. The Active of today is driven solely by dollars, cents and margins. This combined with a complete lack of transparency between employees and leadership has created palatable uncertainty and angst. Additionally, business decisions rarely feel as though they have the employees best interest at heart.

Own your decisions. Be honest. Have integrity.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Active Network (View Most Recent)

I grew exponentially as a sales professional

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management leadership for some of the smaller departments, questionable as you go higher up.

Cons

Poor job security, company is going through huge changes

Be honest

Had A Lot of Potential...Now Downsizing

Former Employee - Implementation Analyst - Junior in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Implementation Analyst - Junior in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Active Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress policy, flexible hours, ability to work from home (within reason), decent software products that customers are generally happy & satisfied with. Generous benefits, partner discounts & PTO.

Cons

Lots of segregation within the company. The different software products are not all integrated and therefore you likely will never work with the people who sit on the other side of a row of cubes from you. Since the private equity firm buyout (end of 2013), they are now in downsize mode - which I understand for a company that isn't even profitable. Unfortunately I drew a short straw in that deal, but I think it was for the best. They also pay below industry average and I don't see much room for advancement. Overall this company had a lot of potential but I don't like the direction they are headed....get out now or stay out if you were considering.

Get this company profitable. Layoffs demoralize the culture and they will continue until you start making money after 15 years of business...

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network