Software Tester

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

The co-workers are all very supportive, humorous, and friendly. There is also a Toastmaster within this company where you can join to establish strong communication skills. There are also great benefits including cheaper movie tickets and fitness discounts.

Cons

For me, I would wish a slightly higher salary. But the environment and managers makes me feel very satisfied about my work.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. This company is ran extremely well and I am satisfied.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The good and bad of Active Network, Inc.

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Active Network is a very cool company with a relaxed corporate culture. I wear jeans and sneakers to work everyday and love it. The company has been around a number of years now and has some really strong pieces in place to take business to the next level.

Cons

The company is constantly changing its strategic approach and does not seem to implement change very well. Often times, changes are poorly thought out and implemented when they are about 65% complete, causing widespread frustration and confusion. Also, for a company this mature, accounting procedures are a complete mess and have been for all the years I've worked here.

Advice to Management

While the leadership is generally good, the company relies heavily on a select 2 or 3 key people who have been there for a number of years to do the work of other senior level managers. Communication and customer focused change should be a priority.

2. Growing aggressively - always improving, stabilizing

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Exciting technology products; Lots of opportunity to make a major impact in multiple industries

Cons

Because of rapid growth, people who are uncomfortable with ambiguity and change may have difficulty

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on most important value propositions for our customers above all else