Active Network

www.activenetwork.com
  www.activenetwork.com
There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Active Network offers a great work environment, great benefits, and a work culture that's hard to beat.

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment
Solid Benefits
Casual Work Attire
Company really encourages a healthy and active lifestyle

Cons

- Uncertain future as a company
- Multiple Leadership changes and multiple acquisitions has decreased employee moral and confidence in the company
- Difficult to promote
- It can feel at times that certain Markets do not encourage clear career paths or growth opportunities
- Compensation is below average

- Improve your communication as a whole and stop being consistently vague. It's okay to be transparent at times...it makes you human. it's what allows us employees to connect/relate with you which will help with the overall "buy-in"...regardless of challenging seasons.

- Support and Encourage growth as individuals. Encourage the mindset of "life-long learning"...not just hard work. Support and Encourage promotions and career paths. Feeling like we are "invested" in is what makes us employees feel valued.

392 Other Employee Reviews for Active Network (View Most Recent)

A bunch of former employees complaining about the company.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company finally making necessary changes.

Cons

This board is full of ex employees who got termed. I just spoke to one who already posted 5 negative ratings about the company hoping that the company will have tough time recruiting. That's not fair and I told him that. Be an adult, you got canned, move on!!

Communicate about Texas as soon as possible.

Growing pains? I hope so.

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, a great place to start right out of college and get some work experience. Pay-wise is lower than what's out there, can (and should) be better but great benefits and perks for entry level positions. Most employees are a friendly bunch and great to work with. Great social ActiveX program for personal growth and improvement. You can almost tell the earlier employees from the newer ones by the excitement they have for this program.

Great focus on customers, and high reputation for being at the top in most of the company's markets.

Cons

In the last few years, the company grew large very quickly through a lot of mergers and acquisitions. They then went public for about a year and a half, and then got purchased by Vista. As a result, there has been rapid leadership changes, none of them seem truly permanent, which may contribute to why most of them seem quite distant and disconnected. Although the vision of the company has remained somewhat stable, there seems to be a lot of churn within the company with the varying leadership styles.

Your career path can seem vague, and it's easier at this company to get stuck in a rut. Performance reviews are customary and "do it just because we have to", without clear incentives for career growth.

Smile. Headquartered in beautiful San Diego, yet in the pictures of top leadership, none are smiling. If you don't enjoy your work, then nobody does.

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network