There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

Leadership has no people skills but company heading in right direction with lots of opportunity to make an impact

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

The company still has a unique culture and product portfolio despite all of the recent changes. Lots of opportunity to move up if you seize it. Active is what you make it. Heading in the right direction from a strategy perspective. I wouldn't imagine current leadership will ast very long so hopefully the next crew have actual leadership skills and experience.

Cons

A lot of the "leadership" have literally zero concern for people or effective change management. Literally they couldn't talk themselves out of a cardboard box and in some cases they fulfill the prophecy of "you know who would be the worst possible leader for the company?"

Vista - replace the CEO he is a joke. Someone else can make the hard choices without leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

reviews filtered by
  1. At Home Reservation Agent

Former Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Patterson, CA
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Patterson, CA

I worked at Active Network part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working from home. My team leader was really nice and knowledgeable. The people on my team were friendly. Training seemed drawn out to me, but I noticed some people weren't catching on too well and I realized that training was slow and long for a reason. Everything was provided: Headset and computer. I can't say enough how much I loved this job.

Cons

Scheduling can be difficult if you have out of the ordinary needs. Also, being on the West coast I didn't get the earliest shift I wanted. I would have preferred to start at 7 am, but that's 9 am Pacific time.

I had a two week period where I wasn't able to work because of some kind of error. They sent me a new computer and everything. It turned out that the problem was coming from an incompatible monitor. Yeah, a monitor. It took 2 weeks for an IT person to figure that out. By that time my sitter had declined to work for me because I hadn't given her any work in almost 2 weeks.

Not a con for me but might be for other WAHMs, you need silence. No background noise or interruptions during your shift.

A good one until the company was bought out.

Former Employee - Client Applications Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Applications Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was able to work from home remotely.

Cons

Being able to be trained in new products effectively via instant message and online conferencing versus in person.

Keep up with individual training.

There are newer employer reviews for Active Network