Activision Blizzard

www.activisionblizzard.com

Independent studio model means all Activision studios are different to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Liverpool, England (UK)

Pros- Independent studio model allows development studios to manage themselves and maintain their own branding and company culture.
- Lots of free games from the Activision/Blizzard back catalog.
- Not as evil as people make them out to be.

Cons- Terrible pay rises. Before our studio was acquired, pay rises were excellent. As soon as Activision bought the studio pay rises dropped dramatically.
- Studio closures are very common.
- Publisher is very good at exploiting existing IP but terrible at developing new IP.
- Creatively uninspiring projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more creative risks and invest in more creatively driven projects. Existing IP will always have a finite lifespan, so you have to get better at generating new IP and trying things that have never been done before.

You'll also find it easier to attract talent if you develop projects that are imaginative and different. No developer wants to work on sequel after sequel or concepts that they've seen done a million times before.

Terrible Recruitment Process

Human Resources (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Activision Blizzard full-time for less than a year

Pros: Large company with lots of People and positions available. Lots… Cons: Recruitment process took 8 weeks and 7 interviews to finally get a job offer at the end. Recruiters do not have a clear picture what… Advice to Senior Management: Your lack of care or blatant disregard of people's time is arrogant. Today's applicant is also… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good learning experience about how to navigate within a highly politicized organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Activision Blizzard

Pros: If you value the gaming industry then Activision is… Cons: Highly political. Lack of leadership from the top down. No sense of comraderie since most employees are looking out for themselves. The atmosphere… Advice to Senior Management: Restructure and take value in your Human Resources function. Converting your EVP… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Activision Blizzard.

Worked for Activision Blizzard? Contribute to the Community!