Activision Publishing
www.activision.com Santa Monica, CA 5000+ Employees

Fun place to work at and great people to work with.

Fixed Assets Accountant (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Activision Publishing as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsI enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot and made many friends. They invest in the latest technology and software.

ConsIt really depends on the department and the manager you report to like most companies. The turnover is high in some departments as it is hard to get promotions or raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to not shop by salary. You get what you pay for. They need to do more to retain good talent and be more people driven. Activision Management caters more to people right out of college than the seasoned professionals in my eyes. I was a contractor and wanted to be hired on permanently, but upper management didn't want to meet me half way and bring me on board.

Ok at the time worked

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Activision Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Ok at the time worked Cons: No room for career advancement Advice to Senior Management: None a this time No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worked as a Functional QA tester for a summer

QA Tester (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Activision Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great summer job decent hourly wages fun environment fun job benefits including cheap video… Cons: Some shifts are overnight shifts (round the clock testing) Long shifts at different points in development (12+) and… Advice to Senior Management: Bring in food for long shifts Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Activision Publishing.

Worked for Activision Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Activision Publishing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Activision Publishing employees.