Activision Publishing

www.activision.com

Ambitious and rushed don't make the best game possible.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsWorking at Activision is great because we're the top publishing company of the game industry. The workplace is great, and the development team I'm in is very united. It's fun to make video games. The support and work perks are pretty good.

ConsIts a little frustrating the poor work and life balance. I love making video games. I take pride in my work. I want to deliver a really good fun quality polished game, but certain conditions don't allow this. Rushing and crunching are bad. My heath suffers from it. Which makes me feel under-appreciated and disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want 100% you must give 700% back. 200% salary, 200% vacation, and 3 years development cycles. That would make me really happy.

Mediocre

Game Tester (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Activision Publishing

Pros: They provided free food for the days in which we… Cons: Terrible hours Not a stimulating working environment More

Great place to get initial experience in gaming / entertainment; not great for long term advancement

Associate Brand Manager (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Activision Publishing

Pros: The people really make Activision. Everyone here at the mid-senior to senior management level and below is super smart, driven and quick. Given… Cons: The annual review process and the promotion process are pretty unclear. While we do have annual reviews, oftentimes, the goals on which we are… Advice to Senior Management: I wish leadership would get to know those managing the franchises on a day to day basis. Those of us who have our ears… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Activision Publishing.

Worked for Activision Publishing? Contribute to the Community!