Pay/Benefits Good - Culture is Employee Unfriendly

Current Employee - Actuant Corporate in Menomonee Falls, WI
Current Employee - Actuant Corporate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Actuant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Enjoyable Work and opportunities to move around

Cons

Company Culture doesn't know what it wants to be. I sat in a meeting yesterday where the director said to not talk with co-workers unless it's work related. Very bad for moral and made people want to work less, not more.

Advice to Management

Get rid of old school style directors. You spend corporate time and money building teams that effectively work together yet your directors are clammoring that relationship building is just wasting company time and money. What do you want to be?

Other Employee Reviews for Actuant

Disappointing

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Actuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are still some talented employees.

Cons

Long meetings and rewards for "face time."

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better or you will not be able to find quality employees when the labor market improves.

Worst place I ever worked!!!

Current Employee - QMI Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - QMI Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Actuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with some great peers. Did some great lean manufacturing projects. Good fitness center, even though they charged a fee for it. Free coffee. Good bonus program for salary.

Cons

Terrible annual review system. Every engineer was ranked in the last 3 of 9 categories, even though we all earned over 200% of our bonus potential. This made for TERRIBLE moral. Over half the engineers eventually ended up working for Harley-Davidson and are still there. ALL product drawings were way out of date and no resources were provided to update the drawings unless it was a new product. All engineers for several business units were told by CEO at corporate wide meeting , "That I can get a engineer in India to design a product for $8000 per year and still build it in the US." Company had constant layoffs and has now closed US manufacturing operations that I was involved in. CEO showed off his car and travel trailer and horses.

Advice to Management

Company is not just about the stock price and how much $$ the top 4 or 5 guys can make.