There are newer employer reviews for Acuity

Good working experience

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Acuity full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is small, but growing. Colleagues from top to down are great. Managers are knowledgeable, competent, and approachable. They are also supportive. I like the culture because it is not cut throat where everyone tries to out do the next person. Instead, it is about teamwork and all team members play a role.

Cons

Since the company is small, you cannot easily roll off of a project if you want to work on something new. The opportunities are limited.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Acuity (View Most Recent)

Terrible experience: I would not advise anyone to work for them.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Acuity

Pros

The starting salary was ok and they made a good impression at first -- team building events were nice.

Cons

There was no respect, no dignity, no raises. Morale is low. Other contractors are happy they don't work for Acuity.

Letting your PM fire employees with over 10 years on the contract so he could get his friend the job is unacceptable.

Bottom line - this company is outstanding as a business performer and in taking care of it's employees!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Acuity

Pros

Provided a great opportunity for me to "define" the details of the position. Always provided focus for employees which would allow us to excel. Provided multiple opportunities for mediocre and lackluster performers to improve performance. Very employee centered while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Extremely fair in compensation and covered salaries when the government shut down for weather emergencies - something other companies at the same worksite did not do. During the multiple years I was employed there, only 3 individuals were terminated - all after being given multiple opportunities to improve and succeed.

Cons

Unfortunately, some employees take advantage of the company and their interest in employee success. During the time these marginal performers are being helped to improve, others must carry their dead weight. This causes some morale problems until these individuals leave and are replaced by quality workers.

Keeping low performing and marginal employees too long is unproductive, hurts the bottom line because of the wasted investment in time and resources, and can cause temporary morale issues with those that are performing and meeting or exceeding standards. Identify the low performing and marginal employees, provide them one opportunity to improve, and if they don't make it, then cut them loose.

There are newer employer reviews for Acuity

Worked for Acuity? Contribute to the Community!