Acuity

www.myacuity.com

Bottom line - this company is outstanding as a business performer and in taking care of it's employees!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsProvided a great opportunity for me to "define" the details of the position. Always provided focus for employees which would allow us to excel. Provided multiple opportunities for mediocre and lackluster performers to improve performance. Very employee centered while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Extremely fair in compensation and covered salaries when the government shut down for weather emergencies - something other companies at the same worksite did not do. During the multiple years I was employed there, only 3 individuals were terminated - all after being given multiple opportunities to improve and succeed.

ConsUnfortunately, some employees take advantage of the company and their interest in employee success. During the time these marginal performers are being helped to improve, others must carry their dead weight. This causes some morale problems until these individuals leave and are replaced by quality workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping low performing and marginal employees too long is unproductive, hurts the bottom line because of the wasted investment in time and resources, and can cause temporary morale issues with those that are performing and meeting or exceeding standards. Identify the low performing and marginal employees, provide them one opportunity to improve, and if they don't make it, then cut them loose.

This company is all about image and not about substance or having their employees' interests at heart; they are phonies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Acuity

Pros: Decent salaries and 2 team-building activities per year. They had good parties and… Cons: Their management is incompetent from the top down. Middle managers are abusive and rewarded for their abusive behavior. They only care about their customer. If… Advice to Senior Management: Allowing middle managers to browbeat and bully your employees is unproductive at best and hurts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Growth, Stability and Balance

I have been working at Acuity

Pros: Acuity offers a very unique set of advantages as an employer in the federal contracting arena: Growth - in a time when many small business contractors… Cons: This is a small business with big growth, but it is still a small business. Every person on a delivery team is critical, so… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up! So far, I am impressed with the professional and personal consideration… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Acuity.

Worked for Acuity? Contribute to the Community!