Acumen
www.acumenllc.com Burlingame, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Okay for a short-term transition out of college

Quantitative Research Analyst (Current Employee)
Burlingame, CA

ProsProvides good programming skills for aspiring health researchers. Some of the best office coffee I've ever had. Work appears to have a very direct impact.

ConsLess than market value salary, so-so benefits, unprofessional and overly-casual work environment, little room for professional growth aside from some very specific programming skills. Office building is drab and provides few lunch options nearby.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to provide more of an introductory background of projects before throwing your employees straight into crunching numbers.

Interesting work

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acumen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Policy relevant projects, lots of learning Cons: no incentive bonuses, high turnover, below average building Advice to Senior Management: keep the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid this company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acumen full-time

Pros: Nice people, flexible start/end time, okay benefits, good resume builder. Cons: -Inexperienced and unprofessional management... -Because the company is growing and because of the… Advice to Senior Management: Train your managers. They are inexperienced, unprofessional, and rude. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Acumen.

Worked for Acumen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acumen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acumen CEO Thomas MaCurdy. All reviews posted anonymously by Acumen employees.