Acumen

www.acumenllc.com

Bad experience, no management for where I was

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job when I needed one. There wasn't pressure to be productive when I didn't have anything to work on, which was pretty much always.

ConsNothing to do. I literally did more in 1 month of a proper job than I did in 8 months here. I never had any clear goals or any proper objective, or properly defined role in the workflow. It seemed as though I was hired with some obscure end goal in mind with the thinking that I would be able to execute this alone. This goal was never really communicated to me and I was never given tools to implement anything. So, I wound up not doing anything. Most productivity I did was due to crushing boredom. I wound up coming in late, and leaving early. No one cared, because it didn't make any difference.

This may be due to the fact that I was in an odd position separated from the rest of the company, so I don't pretend that I can represent the whole, but if you're interviewing, and you have a choice of what job to take, aggressively ask them questions about their plans for you.

Also, upon leaving, the HR screwed me by, oddly enough, not cancelling my health coverage, leading to a nightmare trying to get a certificate of creditable coverage to wipe the pre-existing condition clause from my subsequent coverage. I would think that a company dealing with healthcare information would be more responsible with the healthcare information of their own workforce.

If their revenue stream comes from government contracts (I never knew enough to determine either way, but from what I observed that would be the tentative conclusion I would draw) then my employment there and the money given to me was a complete waste of taxpayer money. I was not a contributor to any work done because I did not have the opportunity to contribute.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave tasks. People want to work, so make sure you actually have something for them to do. Have a plan when you hire someone rather than hiring them and hoping that things will build up around them magically when they don't have the ability to do anything to set things up. Communicate between departments to lay out plans and execute them. Have plans that go farther than 3 days in the future.

Fun and easy but with low salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acumen as an intern

Pros: People are so nice and ready to help. Barely any… Cons: low salary; too relaxing for aggressive freshly graduate Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

bad experience, bad salary but flexible work time

Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer (Former Employee) Burlingame, CA

I worked at Acumen full-time for less than a year

Pros: nice people, flexible work time Cons: bad salary, bad promotion, worst experience Advice to Senior Management: nice people, but should improve. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Acumen.

Worked for Acumen? Contribute to the Community!