Acxiom

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom

Great entry level job

I have been working at Acxiom

Pros

This is my first job and it's a great experience. Everyone is young and really fun to be around and the work environment is very cool and casual.
- The kitchen is always stocked with orange juice and milk.
- People work from home a lot. My friend was able to work half way across the country for weeks to be near her friend. I think as long as she did her work no one seemed to care.
- There is always a ton of free cereal.
- Management really listen.
- People come in late as long as work is done it seems okay. Lateness isn't so frowned here, people known for coming in after 10am are promoted as long as they do a good job and are friends with the right people. Be friendly and stop hiding in your desks people!

Cons

It's good for entry level but maybe not much else. I'm a little embarrassed to tell people I work with e-mail. I hope the experience here will help me land a better job doing what I really want but I don't know how to express all I do is e-mail.

None. They are doing a good job as much as I can see.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Acxiom (View Most Recent)

A decent place for entry level

Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at Acxiom

Pros

- Able to learn a lot within first year
    - Gain valuable corporate experience and exposure to high end clients

Cons

- Career development was stagnant with too many levels before getting a promotion and raise
    - Work get boring or redundant after first 6 months to a year

I don't think management is at fault but just the overall career development structure needs to be looked at and reviewed.

It has a nice work atmosphere but career movement is a little more difficult here

I have been working at Acxiom

Pros

- The people and culture here are great. Everyone is very friendly
    - Kitchen is stocked up with sodas, milk, filter water, tea, coffee, cereal, fruits and bagels.
    - The management is flexible with giving you paid days off with short notice.
    - Working from home is allowed if needed
    - The management style allows us to work more freely. People can come in late and take coffee breaks as they please as long as the work gets done, no one complains.

Cons

- Depending on the accounts you work on it can get stressful as it is a very fast paced environment and we are asked to do a lot.
    - Longer hours with no extra pay can be normal but there can also be times with no work so it does balance out depending on the staffing.
    - The turn over rate at the company is high.
    - Many of the entry level positions do not include a year end bonus. So your hard work may go unrecognized.
    - Promotions take a long time and the salary can be low for the amount of work we do compared to other similar jobs.
    - Depending on the position promotions may reach a ceiling very quickly and there is no easy way to transition to other positions.

The high turnover rate is a result of lack of career movement and lack of competitive salaries. This needs to be corrected quickly before you lose all your employees to the competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom