There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom

Nice atmosphere, have to adjust to small town living

Pros

- Great starting salary. - Great leaders - they are always open, listen to improvements, stick up for you, try not to over allocate your workload, let you know they appreciate it when you work overtime, and they get to know you personally. Your experience may vary but my interaction with leaders was excellent. - Have access to the best tools in the industry. They have no problem purchasing specialized software (if you have a valid business case) to help you in your work. - Generous vacation time - important as I enjoy travelling! - Flexible work hours, very understanding of your schedule if you have personal or family issues. - Work from home opportunity. Not everything can be done from home (certain servers can only be accessed on site, some meetings need to be attended in person) but the opportunity is there for your typical work day. - Nice on-site cafeteria. - Interesting work days, interesting projects - never the same task. - Lots of great work experience. - Stable job (see in cons below.)

Cons

- (continued from the pro above) I've heard of people being laid off on the spot - they have been called in for a last minute meeting, informed their position has been eliminated due to 'reorganization' - and escorted out of the building. I heard from other employees that you can guarantee your job security if you specialize on a language or technology that make you indispensable. - I have heard raises are very uncommon - you stick with your starting salary. As a recent hire, I earn more than people that have been here for years and promoted many levels above me. - The only people that seem to get recognition are sales people, not developers. (Much easier to put a value on a sales contract than the work a developer did.) But they are working to improve this. Some project managers will recognize if you go beyond the call of duty, and if reported to upper management, you can get a small bonus. - Conway is a small town. I had a hard time adjusting. Not much to do here since I don't hunt. Very little street life, no entertainment facilities beyond a movie theater and an old bowling alley. It's a very suburban and sprawled town. There are apartments, but they're in the middle of nowhere - there's no accommodation downtown or near any retail facilities. I found it difficult to adjust. - The campus is gated with a boom gate that's only accessible via car. I was raised in a city and don't drive. There are very few sidewalks around Conway, and in general, they don't connect anywhere.

Advice to Management

Great job trying to improve recognition to non-sales people. Offer a shuttle service for employees that don't drive - Microsoft has been doing this for years. There is great talent around the country/world that would love a job like this, but Conway has very little appeal to non-country folk.

Other Employee Reviews for Acxiom

1. In transition

Current Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great data. The best in the industry.

Cons

Slow product roll outs. Focus on products that incorporate the base data set.

Advice to Management

Sales roles should be hybrid rather than hunter farmer splits.

2. Company with great people who are innovative

Former Employee - Technology Audit Leader in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Technology Audit Leader in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual working environment, innovation, the people,

Cons

Acxiom is based in Arkansas which makes it hard.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box