There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom

Acxiom has good core products but is missing true sales managegement

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Acxiom

Pros

Ability to work virtually and to pace yourself
If you can find the right people you can build some of your own solutions

Cons

Poor sales management
Few metrics that are followed consistently
Little strategic vision--many different directions; marketing seems scattershot and not designed to support the sales force
Often it was difficult to get people motivated to help with "out of the box" thinking; if you were jusyt replicating then they could help, but very few creative thinkers in the delivery and product group
A bit of arrogance from the days when they were "the only game in town"

Develop a solid bench of sales managers
Promote people who have a strategic vision that matches client nedds
Do something about the many layers of people in Conway who seem to have responsibility for one small function and do not understand where they fit in the solution
Remind people that clients are a good thing and should be cherished
Rethink the professional services component; make it a part of any contract

332 Other Employee Reviews for Acxiom (View Most Recent)

Sweet Beautiful Capitalism

Current Employee - Software Developer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Acxiom

Pros

Telecommuting, flexible schedule, generous vacation and sick leave, headquartered in a small town, covered downtown parking deck, gym, cafeteria, nice office building.

Cons

Terrible morale due to small weekly layoffs across the company, mandatory pay cut across the board, forced unpaid vacation in addition to pay cut, reduced hours in addition to pay cut and forced unpaid vacation. Attrition is a real problem, but management will not acknowledge it as such. It appears then to be part of an orchestrated effort to create an environment that encourages employees to leave voluntarily, therefore freeing Acxiom from the expense of layoffs. The only thing on the minds of management is cost-cutting, a short-sighted and flawed plan. Management seems to only be concerned with acquiring their bonuses. Employees are treated with contempt and disrespect.

Stop the bloodletting. You cannot run this company without the expertise of those who've brought it this far. Your policies are driving some of the best talent that we have/had away, and in some cases they are going to our competitors. You are driving wedges between employees by treating them differently when it comes to sacrifice. Sacrifice has been made by those who can afford it the least. There is no single driving vision that encourages and inspires. There is no unity. There is little if any regard whatsoever on the part of most employees beyond their paycheck for this success of this company. Most of us are simply hanging on until we can move on. Management sings one sweet tune, but it is nothing more than a ruse for Wall Street.

Career starter and then becomes a staler.

Current Employee - Client Delivery Analyst in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Client Delivery Analyst in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom

Pros

You can get some good experience quickly. The Paid Time off is great. Straight out of college I got 2 1/2 weeks of vacation plus Holidays. That was 4 years ago and i still get the same.

Cons

The health care benefits are horrible,Moral is super low, 401k is not matched, and you may have to take an "unpaid vacation". A job role level movement is completely worthless at the moment. I've made two level moves in the past year and all i got was more work and a $7 per paycheck raise.

Reward hard working employees. Many employees along with myself are doing more work for less money, less benefits, and less gratitude. Also revamp the Job Role level movement to actually mean something. Also move talented workers into talented required roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom