There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom

Acxiom is a company going through major transition in management and product offerings.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Acxiom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They were innovators and well known in the marketing services space for being the biggest and with a impressive client roster.

Cons

Due to major shifts in the marketing services industry (from direct to digital) and commoditization of their core products and strengths they have lost growth momentum. They tend to think they are the best at everything. While that was true historically, it is no longer true, however they still overprice their services even though they are at best on par with other suppliers. They want to recreate the digital space and mold it to their current offerings. It's not working and they are sometimes viewed as out of touch with reality.

Read the Pros and Cons above. The paradigm shifts in marketing have left Acxiom exposed on many levels and competitors have moved ahead due to their flexibility and ability to adapt, whereas Acxiom is trying to convince the marketplace that the Acxiom way is still the undisputed best--and it's not.

317 Other Employee Reviews for Acxiom (View Most Recent)

There's no There There

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of flexibility, good benefits, smart people, a sense that you're on the leading edge of something.

Cons

So many people work from home that there's no real sense of place or culture. The products are very intangible and so is the sense of being there.

More "being there." Recruit people who live near company offices and bring them together at least once a week.

Software Solutions Developer

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice facilities and benefit packages. If you're on a good team, always something to get involved in.

Cons

Senior managers are out of touch. I worked at Acxiom for 13 years. I belonged to a high revenue/low cost team. Sales and management would not bend to retain the contract and so the contract was lost. Members of the team supporting the contract were told to find other jobs within the company or be let go. I found another job within the company and was working with that team for about a month. I came in on a Monday and found out that my team was disbanded and everyone was moved to another account. Two days later my new team leader, whom I had never met, emailed me to set up a call with me to discuss my skills and what I wanted to do. I was at my desk, the next day, waiting on his call when he taps me on the shoulder, introduces himself...and the HR person with him, to let me go.

Do more to hold on to dedicated employees

There are newer employer reviews for Acxiom

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!