Acxiom

www.acxiom.com

Moving a Dinosaur Company to the Modern Era

Client Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) Conway, AR

ProsGreat leadership attempt in modernizing a dinosaur data company in the last 2 years!

Recently, Acxiom has been innovating and making waves in the industry! Great job to the new leadership team for really transforming a dinosaur company to the modern era. There are a lot of great products & ideas coming out of Acxiom. Really admire Scott Howe, Phil Mui and team for leading a lot of these modernization efforts. Great job.

ConsThe traditional culture. There is a huge holdout of "traditional" Acxiom employees who are resisting the change -- and are blaming those newer members of the team for "not understanding" how Acxiom *should* work. They are hiding behind the Arkansas name for saying that the newer Acxiom based in California is abandoning Arkansas Acxiom. Did not seem like what I am seeing, and I am here in Conway AR. Many talented Arkansas employees are heavily involved in leading the change. What is shameful is that the *less talented" Arkansas folks are hijacking the conversations about California versus Arkansas & creating fissures to undermine the leadership. Why are they doing this? My guess is that they are hoping to return back to an all-Arkansas southern data company -- which is what got Acxiom into all kinds of trouble in the last decade.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a strong statement that Acxiom is no longer just a "southern" company based in Arkansas but a global company focusing on innovations -- and give kudos to those who are trying to transform the company to a modern tech company.

Working for Acxiom in the Bay Area

Expert Architect (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Acxiom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: There is a real desire to modernize Acxiom's many software products so they are web based, rather than offline. This gives the opportunity… Cons: Although Scott Howe has a great vision, the execution is spotty and there are too many changes in direction. Some corporate processes are archaic; examples are… Advice to Senior Management: Modernize your business processes Consider what your employees want before moving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

I have been working at Acxiom full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: We have a great CEO who has turn this company around. He is a visionary and walks the walk. The… Cons: Acxiom use to be a top 100 workplace but that was a long time ago. The employee retention rate… Advice to Senior Management: There are some areas that really need some change in mentality and possibly some upper management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Acxiom.

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!