Moving a Dinosaur Company to the Modern Era

Former Employee - Client Delivery Specialist in Conway, AR
Former Employee - Client Delivery Specialist in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership attempt in modernizing a dinosaur data company in the last 2 years!

Recently, Acxiom has been innovating and making waves in the industry! Great job to the new leadership team for really transforming a dinosaur company to the modern era. There are a lot of great products & ideas coming out of Acxiom. Really admire Scott Howe, Phil Mui and team for leading a lot of these modernization efforts. Great job.

Cons

The traditional culture. There is a huge holdout of "traditional" Acxiom employees who are resisting the change -- and are blaming those newer members of the team for "not understanding" how Acxiom *should* work. They are hiding behind the Arkansas name for saying that the newer Acxiom based in California is abandoning Arkansas Acxiom. Did not seem like what I am seeing, and I am here in Conway AR. Many talented Arkansas employees are heavily involved in leading the change. What is shameful is that the *less talented" Arkansas folks are hijacking the conversations about California versus Arkansas & creating fissures to undermine the leadership. Why are they doing this? My guess is that they are hoping to return back to an all-Arkansas southern data company -- which is what got Acxiom into all kinds of trouble in the last decade.

Advice to Management

Make a strong statement that Acxiom is no longer just a "southern" company based in Arkansas but a global company focusing on innovations -- and give kudos to those who are trying to transform the company to a modern tech company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Zero job security

Current Employee - Developer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Developer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work load is decent, flexible hours. Ability to work from home

Cons

No job security, they have layoffs pretty much every year. And they are random too. They will hire executives and pay them in millions, who will then announce that we need to cut costs, resulting in firings all over the board. And promotions are very hard too. Also need newer senior managers. Some of them have been with Axiom for 20 years and are not ready for the new direction the company is taking.

Advice to Management

Stop laying people off. And try to retain the talented ones

2. Good place to work

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have a great CEO who has turn this company around. He is a visionary and walks the walk. The benefits are decent and pay is competitive but it depends on your role. Flextime and work from home options are available.

Cons

Acxiom use to be a top 100 workplace but that was a long time ago. The employee retention rate use to be very high but the turnover rates have steadily increased through the years and we are losing great talent.

Advice to Management

There are some areas that really need some change in mentality and possibly some upper management changes. We can improve our benefit plan by giving more options amenities at the offices.