AdRoll

www.adroll.com
  www.adroll.com
There are newer employer reviews for AdRoll

Best career move I've made in a long time

Current Employee - Computers in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Computers in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing attention to detail in interview process. They want to ensure they hire the best people with the best attitude. Very open about changes and direction of the company. Executive team is always available to chat with and discuss problems or ideas.

Cons

Would be nice to have unlimited PTO to allow employees to take time off when needed to enjoy life a bit more.

None.

44 Other Employee Reviews for AdRoll (View Most Recent)

Great fun and great momentum, but a lot issues lurk beneath the surface

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time

Pros

AdRoll has answered the call of a lot of small/medium sized advertisers by bringing a great product to the masses. It pretty much sells itself. The place is growing very rapidly which is exciting. There are some opportunities to take on other roles still left in sales and elsewhere. The official perks (dinner 1 night, beer around all the time, bagels on wednesday, occasional gifts for hitting goals) are OK, but the unofficial stuff (casual dress code, post-work gatehrings, trivia nights, dogs, etc) is even better. By all accounts, AdRoll is "killing it" as a business and will continue to do so as far as I can tell.

Cons

Nearly all truly important roles are filled from outside hires, and usually from Google, so pedigree seems to be an issue more and more. Despite what anyone says, it's very cliquey as you move up the chain of command - if you don't kiss up to all the right people you will not be "brought to the table" for anything important. We have been unable to fill (and/or keep filled) major roles like a VP of Marketing and VP of Engineering, etc, which exemplifies this problem. While it is a great place to work overall, most of the enthusiasm that you hear about in polls and rankings and these other posts comes from employees that have been here 6-8 months or less as a lot of others have either been burned in some way and are over it, or are just there for the paycheck. Also, positive participation in a lot of the anonymous/voluntary polls that lead to AdRoll being ranked a great place to work are somewhat mandated by managers and make it feel contrived. The results of an anonymous internal survey last year also downplayed the grievances and amplified the applause from employees - which made it a pretty useless exercise so that's frustrating.

Open up the inner circle. Break down the cliques. Leave your egos at home. Care more. Upper management should really talk to more of your employees in all areas directly for truly open and honest communication - broad polls will not do the trick. Moderator boards will not do the trick. Get your finger on the pulse. Really work on identifying the internal problems and fixing them - trust me, they're there - if you want AdRoll to really be the place I know you want it to be.

Career Changing Experience At AdRoll

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The switch to AdRoll from my previous job had an immediate improvement on my quality of life. I woke up every Monday morning fired up to come to work. This starts with the people I'm surrounded by. Not only did I have an amazing mentor as my manager, I formed close bonds with the team and was impressed by their thoughtfulness. When my colleagues succeeded, it pushed me to work even harder.

Life at the office has always been fun, but they've made a commitment to making the office cozy, safe and enjoyable place to be.

The best part about my job is that I get to see the direct impact on my efforts on the company's progress. Transparency is a term they take very seriously here, and it shows. They trust their employees, which leads to us fully believing the vision and values. Come Roll with us, you won't regret it.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind other than the neighborhood is a little sketchy, but they have made improvement to the safety of the building. I've never had a serious issue.

There are newer employer reviews for AdRoll