There are newer employer reviews for Adams Remco

Much hidden from you in initial interviews.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Adams Remco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Freedom of being in Sales -Not many current customers, so any company is open game

Cons

-No customer base to build off -Company is old and outdated, especially the website -Micromanaged intensely by unprofessional managers

Advice to Management

Get new, younger managers that actually have smarts. Otherwise, sell the company to a competitor.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A branch that has been around for awhile, but nothing has really changed.

I worked at Adams Remco

Pros

Small office, communication between upper level management and employees is consistent and very good. The company provides decent commission structure.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is slim. This position can be financially rewarding but being a family owned company there is not any room for advancement. The base salary is not very competitive. $20,000 and $150 gas allowance. This is no where near competitive with other companies in the same field. They have a very small base of of customers so even "churning and burning" leases to make some quick cash is not even possible. The company has had an extremely high turn over rate and is constantly have to rebuild with a new sales force. The upper-level management is not in tune with current technology. They are behind the times with the trends in the field and are constantly playing catch up to their competition.

Advice to Management

If you work hard and put your nose to the grindstone you CAN make money. However for a typical salesman knocking on doors the company is not set up to make you successful in the long run. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I most definitively would not.

2. Good Company, Good People, Bad Policies

Former Employee - Service Technician
    Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Adams Remco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work atmosphere Really liked my co-workers Feeling of satisfaction when you help clients Good beliefs and values from the company as a whole

Cons

Too much emphasis on appearance (E.g. Slightly scuffed shoes are an issue for service technicians) Low pay Told "you have lots of freedom"... but I was monitored very closely, and if I made one decision my boss disagreed with, I had to do it his way. You basically have no vacation time until you've worked a year; their vacation system is calendar-based and you earn days based on how long you worked in the previous year. Outdated technology and work practices There is no room for advancement. Promotions are entirely seniority-based, and the people in management have been with the company for many, many years.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns. Focus on making your employees happy, and they will want to do a good job. Do not fear change. Upgrade. Give your employees vacation time within the first year! They can still accrue time on a per-month basis, but the calendar system makes no sense and makes it very hard to retain new employees.